12 - in, in the airport?!

"I'm nervous" muttered George, as the two began to walk back through the airport towards the car outside
"Why?" Dream chuckled
"I don't know really, it's just new you know"
"I'm new - were you nervous to meet me?" queeried Dream

He was fairly sure he knew the answer, but asked anyway.

"Yeh, you were probably the person i was most nervous to meet" laughed George, smiling to cover the embarrassment he felt.
"Hey, you're lucky i was feeling nice today"
"What's that supposed to mean?" responded the brunette
"I could have kissed you like i promised to, that wouldn't have helped your nerves" Dream said, nudging the boys shoulder.

"Why didn't you?"
_____________ george pov _________

What the fuck? Why did he say that, why why why why why.

It was too late to take it back, all he could do was hope that Dream didn't recognise his serious tone, that perhaps he would think it was a joke.

He honestly had no idea what came over him, just this random surge of confidence, there was no filter, no stutter.

Dream had joked about it for years, 'i'm gonna kiss George when we meet up' 'when i see George for the first time i'm going to kiss him' - it was always a joke.

Sometimes George wished it wasn't. Maybe that's why he said what he said, some subconscious thought that accidentally translated into words.

Either way, he knew what Dream was like. And if he was half as bold in real life then he was over call, George dreaded what was about to happen. Or maybe he was excited for it.

The two sort of blend together most of the time.

___________ Dream pov ____________

Dream stared at the brunette in front of him, all he had done was ask a question. But to Dream? It was a dare.

Everything could be a dare if you wanted it to, and why didn't you is the only prompt Dream needed to mess with the smaller boy in front of him.

"Did you want me to kiss you George?"

George only stared back at him.

Dream interpreted this how he wanted to - as a taunt.

Without second thought, he lifted his hand to the shorter boys chin, gently guiding his head up to meet his gaze. That same hand swerved round to cup his cheek, the two now making eye contact - staring at eachother.

Dream leant in, and placed a gentle kiss upon George's lips. He pulled away,
"Welcome to Florida"

And with that, Dream walked away, picking up George's suitcases as he left. He needed to leave, needed to force himself to go before he crumbled under the temptation. The temptation to stay longer and kiss harder.

But he couldn't do that, he couldn't do that to George.

Yet.
__________ george's pov _________

George stood there pretty much motionless. He hadn't expected Dream to actually kiss him. Maybe on the forehead or the cheek or something but not for real.

It was just a peck, nothing more than a second - but was it? For a brief moment George felt a connection, when Dreams lips touched his they were soft, gentle, not resistant to the contact.

George shook it off. It was Dreams character, his persona to do something like that. He pushed everything to the limits, and probably just kissed him to show he was 'a man of his word'.

Standing in the airport, it reminded George of all the times he sat alone in England, convincing himself that all the remarks Dream made were just for entertainment - that Dream didn't feel the way George did.

If George gave into the idea that Dream liked him, he would only have his expectations crushed - so he constantly excused the blonde's behaviour, just like he was doing now.

But now, his excuses weren't working and his mind was working overtime. And it was times like these he needed someone to help him think straight.

___________dream pov ________

Message from Sapnap:
Sapnap: YOU KISSED HIM????

Dream chuckled. So George told Sapnap, good to know.

Dream: why are u messaging me, i'm gonna be in the car in like a minute
Sapnap: because George is with you idiot

Dream turned around, and sure enough there was George following him, a few paces behind. Sapnap must have convinced him to move from his frozen position.

Dream: yeh i kissed him what about it
Sapnap: that's just not fair dude
Dream: how is it not fair - the guy he likes just kissed him, he should be happy
Sapnap: well he's not

Dream turned again, George was still paces behind him, looking at the floor, focusing on the trundling wheels of the suitcase in front of him- he didn't seem very happy.

Dream: i don't understand
Sapnap: remember how u felt all those months not knowing if George liked you?

How could he forget. Every single moment, interaction, conversation with George would replay in his head, constantly scanning for a sign that George liked him too. It was torture.

Dream: yeh
Sapnap: George is still like that, he doesn't know that you like him bro

It had never occurred to Dream like that, never crossed his mind that he was just confusing George more than anything else. That everything he was doing was a little contradicting.

He knew what Sapnap was implying, that he should tell George how he feels - but he didn't want to do that, not yet. It was too early on, everyone needed to settle down first, get used to each others company.

But then again, he also didn't want to be confusing George.

For now, he would just have to make his hints a little clearer.

________________________________

A/N:
Sorry this chapter took so long! I've been on holiday and i have revision and blah blah blah

This chapter is a little eh, i was honestly getting bored of plot building and just wanted to write some dnf fluffy stuff, so if this chapter seems a little rushed that's why - sorry!

Next chapters will DEFINITELY have more dnf content in, some fluff for sure, as for smut - i don't know if i will explicitly write it yet, but i will imply it, if you know what i mean.

Also happy pride month!!! You are all amazingly epic people and very very welcome to read this lil story :) Sending you all my love <3

We are so close to 100 reads which is very very exciting :O

Remember to drink some water today, stay hydrated bois!!