17 - cashing in the dare

"I dare you to go on a date with me"

"What the fuck Dream?" exclaimed George, stopping dead in his tracks and turning to face the blonde.

Dream couldn't help but laugh at the boy's reaction, he knew it would make him flustered but not like this.

"'No Dream, why are you laughing, what?"

Oh. George wasn't finding it very funny. He didn't seem very happy, or excited or nervous either. He had this expression, one that Dream couldn't read.

"Why are you laughing?"
"Why are you so mad?" asked Dream
George shook his head in disbelief, "You're unbelievable" he said, as he turned away from Dream and began to walk away.

"George what have i done?" asked a very confused Dream
George was barely able to speak, he just wanted to scrunch his eyes and fists up and scream.

"What have you done? What have you d-" George laughed "You're daring me to go on a date with you? No Dream, I'm sick of it, i'm just sick of it!"

Okay woah, what was going on? Shouldn't George be happy about that? The blonde stood speechless, processing what was going on.

"I don't understand what you're saying" said Dream.

George took a breath, and lowered his voice to normal volume once again. He desperately didn't want to cry, he had a tendency to do so when he got mad.

"Ever since I've got here, it's just felt like you have teased me, flirted with me, with no intent for anything else. I've had to stand there as you kiss me and walk away, as you give me your hoodie and walk away, as you hug me and walk away." George was really fighting the urge to cry, "And now you're daring me to go on a date with you? As if this is some sort of game? Well it was fun at first, but now I'm just bored of losing" said George, hopelessly voice cracking.

Dream stood for a minute. He didn't have a response, he hadn't really planned for this to go badly. But he couldn't say he disagreed with George, because he understood where the brunette was coming from.

He was left with one option, one he really didn't want to do. Dream didn't want to do this already, it was only their second day together. He wanted more time to flirt, go on fun little dinner dates and such, before all the real emotions started to set in.

But it was a bit late for that now, because he now stood in the middle of Disneyland, the happiest place on earth, with George in front of him on the verge of tears. Because of him.

"George," he began, reaching out his hand to grab the brunette's, intertwining their fingers "I'm sorry i made you feel like shit"

"Wow really sincere" said George, still fairly distant from the blonde.

"Let me finish idiot" smirked Dream "Everything I've done, I've meant. I promise you."

"So why do you leave me hanging after everything? Leave me by myself to wonder how you feel?"

Dream looked at George's glossy eyes and the way his face drooped, he really had hurt this boy.

"Because walking away is easier." he saw the brunette's eyes let out the smallest eye roll, "And that's not an excuse" he added, immediately back-pedalling, "Flirting, dropping hints, it's easier than confronting."

"Confronting what?"

"My feelings. You know, for you."

Dream saw George's eyes light up, the apples of his cheeks raise once again.

"Oh, and what would those feelings be?" asked George.
Dream nervously chuckled, "The kind that put butterflies in my stomach when i think of you"

George gasped dramatically, "Is Dream, dream was taken, telling me he- he- he likes me?!"

"Maybe" Dream shrugged, "Is Georgenotfound telling me the same thing?"

"Ew you're so cringey" said George, untangling their hands
"You said the same thing?"
"It's funny when i do it, you're just corny, and that whole thing about the butterflies?" George made a retching mime,
"Hey? I'm trying my best, i told you i wasn't good with confrontation" laughed Dream.

George was being so casual about everything that was happening, unlike the blonde. He was internally freaking out, he had just confessed to George spontaneously, he didn't regret it, but, was still getting his head around it.

"What do we do now?" asked George, awkwardly standing in front of the taller boy.
"I try again"
"What?"

Dream stepped back a few paces, gesturing for George to do so too. Once they had reached the pretzel stand they came from, the two began walking again, finishing off the last of their pretzels.

"So George, i have a question to ask you" said Dream, repeating his actions from earlier. George easily caught on,
"Oh God" he said, "Are you gonna ask for the rest of my pretzel?"
"No no no no nothing to do with food"
"What is it then?"

The two were both smiling now, laughing at how stupid they were,

"George, will you go on a date with me?"
"I would love to"

Dream exhaled. He knew what the answer was going to be so there wasn't any real reason to be nervous, but he still was. He now stood grinning hopelessly at the shorter boy, not saying anything else.

"Wipe that grin off your face smart arse" said George.
Dream did as he was told, "We should go back to the others"
George nodded, a mouth full of the last of his pretzel,
"Are we gonna tell them?"
"Well we can hardly go on a secret one" said Dream, swallowing the last of the food in his mouth, "We are living together"
"True"

They walked in silence for a little bit, both knowing the other was internally smiling, uncontrollably.

_____________________

A/N:

Thankyou for 1k!!!! That's 500 reads overnight which is just absolutely mind- blowing, so thankyou!!

Hope you guys liked this chapter, it was a little shorter than all the others, but didn't wanna drag it on unnecessarily yk

Hopefully updates will be consistently every other day, occasionally everyday - depending on how invested i am in the chapter.

Karlnap chap next, and then chapter about the actual dnf date - excited to write that 😳

Remember to stay swag and stay hydrated 😎