Chapter twenty-six

N O A H

Emerging between the overcast and twilight of the elastic night, came a blonde prancing with her hands in the pockets of white loose fitting trousers. The enigmatic features laid still beneath a layer of subdued enthusiasm.

"Sup..." I rocked back and forth on the heels of my washed out converse, shoveling my shaky fingers into my small jacket.

Momentarily she paused and scratched a few loose golden streaks out of her face, "Wassup." There was a brief silence before she self-consciously shook her head, "That's not going to work, I'm sorry."

I sniggered while leading the way through the empty park, "Yeah no ew, let's not do that again."

Disgusting. Red flag. She sounded so gross.

"I can see the pitiful revulsion on your face."

"You're embarrassing yourself." I began to pick up pace, sprinting away from my lawyer. Tonight I was feeling very adventurous, "Oh come on grandma, can't keep up?" I shouted as I cackled, breaking the tight quietness of the night. Finally the clap of heels echoed behind me which only made me increase my speed.

"Slow down! I cannot run in heels, I am going to fall on my ass," The tired voice behind me called out, "Noah, there's someone there!" She attempted at keeping the shout at a neutral level, but failed since it was loud enough for me to stop dead i...

"Slow down! I cannot run in heels, I am going to fall on my ass," The tired voice behind me called out, "Noah, there's someone there!" She attempted at keeping the shout at a neutral level, but failed since it was loud enough for me to stop dead in my tracks.

"Shit its probably him, be cool." I straightened out my jacket and spun around on my heels. Everlin stood with her arms crossed, only a few meters away, "so what's the plan?"

Just like that, the entire cheerful persona fell and was replaced with a thick professional cover, "You're going to try and get as much information out of him. Motive. Intention. Motivation. Actio-"

"Slow down." I cockily whispered and smirked, "don't worry, I got this, let the king show you how its done." Internally, I cringed, it seemed both of us acted extremely weird around one another.

*

"You gonna tell me why you doing this?" My back shivered against the cold wooden bench. Across me sat the boy who was well on his way to ruin my life. His body shuddered violently even more so than mine.

"That would defeat the purpose," Anthony avoided any contact with my eyes instead he fiddled in his pocket and stared straight ahead, "I want to see you suffer."

"That's fun, but why?" He took out a packet of glory and lit one of the tubes, I extended my arm, "Can I have one?"

Without hesitation he dropped the white and brown cylinder in my palm, "Because what you did was disgusting and you need to pay for it."

"Then go to the police," I neared the cigarette to my lips and inhaled, blowing the smoke in the direction of my lawyer, "yet you hold it over my head."