Chapter Two

N O A H

[Listen to song when the words 'Fuck my life' shows up]

Not He who has much is rich, but he who gives much. Whomever said that is a goddamn pathological liar.

Debased chorales of vexed boo's followed by blasé chuckles forcibly perforated the bleared which blanketed my vision.

Balmy trickles of an unspecified substance cascaded from the lacerate stretched out on the surface of my cheek. Additional aligned strikes emanated from the hard sole of her neon running shoes and sunk into my stomach.

Air began to dissolve in my lungs, it became heavier and heavier as the blows increased continuously.

The accumulation of foreign particles stuck to my throat, in a raggedy cough i forced the infected air out of my lungs.

"You think you gonna stay the top-dog, bitch."

My eyes confined to abyss, droplets of liquid tracked down unkempt eyebrows then amalgamated with the tender flesh of my cheek.

The exposed flesh sizzled, but I kept my lip shut. Fuck. "Imma show everyone who really be the shit."

Last resort: roll your limp body until compared to the fetal-position. Bring your knees to the chest. Cover your neck and head with the arms. Lastly pray that you'll survive.

That's precisely what I did. Although my ears rung with sadistic choirs, natural instinct numbed by now my numb body.

That's when I heard it.

"Get off her!" The delicate voice called out, breaking the boisterous silence and attempted at masking their true blood curling fear.

Their voice was soft, like a vanilla-strawberry swirl, sweet like candy perfume, but persistent as a dreadful disease. "It's done."

The perpetrator scoffed, lifting her leg to kick me again, but they grabbed her arm and held nothing but a stone face, "I said it's done."

"Come on Scorpio take your cut, we out this bitch." One of the barbarous men chuckled before he threw an all too familiar viscous envelope into her bloody palms.

The infected air didn't just numb me, but poisoned everyone there.

Infected air of humiliation that's what killed me.

Eventually the ants left what they proclaimed sugar and moved on to the next best treat.

A scrawny arm looped around my stiff neck, I let out a soft shriek, but covered my mouth, shocked at the sound which jumped from my mouth.

"You don't have to hide from me. The candy voice spoke once again. "What happened to stop-sparring-September?"

My own voice came out raspy; nothing in comparison to his honey, "It ended in September dumbass and my rib is fucked can we just focus on that."

Again I grunted as we quite awkwardly limped with much needed coordination to the anticipated exit of the dilapidated building.

The painfully obvious height difference made for an enlarged tormenting journey back home.

Arm length to the iron door, he spoke quietly, "You need to go to a hospital."

I scoffed, reaching for the pack of heaven in the jacket I retrieved from the floor, a smirk spread on my face as I lighted and puffed the cigarette between my fingers, "I'll be fine."

Then I averted my brown eyes to his, "So tell me, why you look worse than the girl who had her ass beat."

The pink coral colour spread out on the bridge of his nose and the puffy eyes were clear as day. Anger gradually sharply boiled under my intractable skin.