Chapter Eight

N O AH

"There we are you handsome devil." I smiled warmly while standing before Ocean, correcting his somehow still crooked tie. For the first time in a long, extended amount of months, I cleaned my bedroom. Clean shirts, all six of them, folded and stacked in the closet. Jeans are still drying. Jackets on the hook Uncle Sam installed for me and lastly, I watered my plants.

I watered my plants after avoiding their wilted form at every single opportunity. Too painful. At least I still had my honeysuckle, but it's near death too.

"Thanks," Wave said, bending down and handed me my barely filled back pack, "You're going to school early, are you there for like an early session?"

I rolled my eyes, "Of course not, do I look like Einstein? I want to apologize to Azra."

When we reached the kitchen Uncle Sam looked at us with the most mirthful grin, he extended his arm handing Ocean and I two brown paper bags.

I held the paper bag up in the air and began to shake it, "what's this?"

"Don't shake it Noah! Your chocolate milky may spill," He said with a worried look and then the proudest smile grew on his freshly shaven face, "I also added in an orange, grilled cheese sandwiches and another milky for if you get thirsty."

"Really?" I stretched forward to give him a quick peck on the cheek. "You're the man Uncle Sam."

For a split second his face fell, but Ocean flying over and giving him the tightest hug made his eyes twinkle again.

"Thank you so so much Uncle Sam. You're the best." I heard Wave's excited voice say as I laid my hand on the door knob, waiting for him to join me.

After thousands of appreciations Ocean finally started his way towards me.

Before I shut the door, Uncle Sam shouted with elation. "I love you guys!"

*

As Ocean and I both awaited our separate buses, I found it the perfect opportunity to bring up the topic that has been hanging like the plague over my conscience, "I'm going to call some lawyers, just to be safe. Because that dick doesn't look like he's playing around."

"