~Chapter Nine~

S L A T E R

The sullen boy threw the car door shut and stormed away

The sullen boy threw the car door shut and stormed away. For a while I sat silently in my car, but then anger flowed through my veins and I began throwing heavy punches at the steering wheel.

Before I registered what had happened, I shakily looked down at my blue knuckles. Blood had coursed down my pants, but I could not feel anything.

My mind and body were numbed by the inexpressible rage I felt. All I could do was cuss myself out, “That fucking old man, I wish he would just die!” And although I tried to fight it, the memories of when he called me could not depart.

[Flashback to when he went downstairs ]

“Be quiet.”

His loud screams echoed through thick walls as I made my downstairs to calm him down. I trailed my eyes over the pathetic bastard’s body. He disgusted me. He was the man who tortured me every single fucking day.

“Did you not hear that I called you?” He whispered past his veneers with bulging red eyes, “You think you’re a tough boy, huh? You grew a couple of inches and developed some muscles and now you suddenly think your stronger than me?” He snickered like a sadist and lurched towards me. I took a large step back, “Is that it?”

“No, father,” I stared at the ground and spoke under my breath. All I wanted was for him to stop in his tracks, but I still froze whenever I saw him. His dark eyes reminded me of a dark time in my life. How he would give me away to his ‘friends for some fun, like I was some kind of meat that they could sink their rotten teeth into, “I am sorry, I did not hear you.”

He was somewhat right, I did became taller and stronger. If I truly wanted I could beat him to a pulp, I could, but I did not want that. As crazy as it might sound, he had an effect on me. Just by looking at me, I could turn to stone. He was a monster, lurking around and my father waited for the perfect second to drag my into his hole.

I am a failure. No wonder my mom left.

“Let me tell you!” He screeched and grabbed my shirt, “You are a motherfucking pussy just like that whore of a mom you have, you arrogant f****!”

All that fear dissolved the second he mentioned my mother. I pushed my palms against his chest, we stumbled backwards and hit the kitchen counter, “You stupid drunk! Don’t fucking talk about my mother like that.” I lost all control and hit him on his jaw.

It wasn’t enough to make him bleed or bruise, but enough for him to drop to his knees.

[Flashback ends]

I was pissed at the fact that I took  my anger out someone else and instead of myself.. I wanted to cut again; to fill the empty numbness with a small feeling, even if that feeling was pain, but I promised Jordan that I would stop and I don’t want him to feel responsible for me being unhappy.