Chapter One

O C E A N

My heart pulsed as I ran from school to get back to my house, unfortunately for me I lost track of time yet again

My heart pulsed as I ran from school to get back to my house, unfortunately for me I lost track of time yet again. I stood in front of the gates of hell muttering up the courage to go in.

I gently opened the main entrance door hoping that she would be a sleep or even out with the random guys she hooked up with to get drugs and alcohol for free but sadly the devil incarnate was right in front of me.

My mother.

She was under the influence yet again I tried to hide the shame and disgust I felt by putting up my poker face but she saw right through me.

I backed up unknowingly when I saw her stumble towards me with anger and resentment in her eyes.

I was afraid not knowing if her intentions were worse than her previous actions.

Her mouth was moving but I blocked out the voices telling me to kill myself, the voices that told me I was a disgrace to the world, that I'm the reason my dad left her and many more that I would rather not remember.

I tried to run past her to my room but before I could, she grasped my scrawny arm firmly and spat in spiteful drunken voice, "what a disappointment you came out. I wish you would just die you useless cunt!"

I pushed her away with force making her stagger back as I booked into my room.

I locked myself in my room hearing her scream for me to come out and "fight like a real man"

Trembling and sorrowful I sat on my small bed trying to calm myself down but instead it made me remember the past events and what just took place.

The burning voice in my head told me just to end it all.

I started hyperventilating, it felt like I was dying, I couldn't breathe, it was like I was being suffocated by own my emotions.

I wanted it stop, to have it all just disappear.

The last thing I remembered before drifting off was a notification on my phone which made me aware that it was already long past midnight.

*

The sunlight pierced through the curtains making my puffy eyes flutter open. Realization filled my mind as I grabbed my phone to check the time and to my demise it was twenty seven minutes before school started, I'm fucking late.

I quickly took a shower and threw on my school uniform in a somewhat presentable manner. I tried to hide my puffy swollen eyes but nothing could be done.

Tip toeing out of my room I saw my mom laying on the ground scattered with beer cans around her. She looked like a dead carcass, at that moment I wanted her to be.

Making my way down stairs I grabbed my bag and tried close the main entrance door as soft as I possibly could.

The school bus was approaching my house; for some reason I was nervous, my stomach in knots, but that hastily changed when I met secure brown eyes.