Chapter Seven

O C E A N

Oh, you’re here,” The bruise on her cheek had turned a deep purple colour, almost black. I’d prefer for her to put an end to the whole fighting scene, but my best friend was strong-willed and she would never stop if that meant food will be on our table, “C'mon, let’s go inside.”

We passed through their living room and not once did she look at me

We passed through their living room and not once did she look at me. I could sense something was wrong and she avoided me, because of it. In fact, Noah couldn’t even sit on the bed next to me, so, I stood up on my knees and tugged at her hand. Reluctantly, her eyes, which were overthrown with shamed met mine, “Please don’t mad at me, Wave.”

I was utterly dumbfounded, “Unless you stole my hot chocolate, I won’t be mad. Tell me, the fucking anticipation is going to be the death of me.”

“Well, fuck where do I even start?” But for once, she was not angry. She was scared and that’s an emotion she rarely displayed, “ I went to Chief’s and my sneaky link was there. One thing led to another and we fucked. Turns out she lied about her age and some sick cunt at my school took a video of her going down on me. Now he’s threatening and calling me a pedophile.”

My jaw was practically hanging on floor they couldn’t imprison my only friend, “They can’t send you to jail, because you didn’t even know she was a minor, she was the one who lied, what a bitch move.”

“I couldn’t answer you today cause I was ashamed. I fucked up, I didn’t wanna hurt that girl, man, if I had known, I would have never touched her,” Her brown eyes fell to the ground, “...I did again, I used my anger to hurt other people, including Azra.”

My arms wrapped around her quivering body, I embraced her and softly stated, “It’s going to be okay, but first things first. You have to apologise to Miss Azra, she probably didn’t deserve what you said and then call a lawyer.”

“You still call her Miss? Dude, we’ve been dating for a while now,” Soon the sun went down and the moon came to greet us. She pulled her shirt over her head and searched through the chest of drawers, “It’s okay, you have my permission, call her by her name.”

“Ew, no,” I cringed, “She was still my teacher before I left. Just became you’re having a thing with your teacher, doesn’t mean I’m gonna act all casual,” I continued talking and made her aware of what happened at school.

After a short while, I realized Noah had already fell asleep, I allowed myself to doze off in her arms.

***

“Ugh, can you be quiet!” I groaned as my eyes fluttered open, only to see Noah smiling while throwing on her favourite jacket. Although she often resembled a hobo, there was no denying her obvious beauty. I jumped out of the bed, tripping on one of her sports bra’s and rose like it did not happen, “Why the hell didn’t you wake me up? I have to get ready for school too you know!”