Battle of The Narrows - Pt. II

It was early in the morning.

And from the ridge of the Great Granite Range, a black line came from the distance.

The entire armada of Brilux's winged-mounts had taken to the skies.

With it, a few mages rained down the Dark Underworld Flame on to what remained of the Werenluna this close to the Narrows.

Archion roared and Nuri with him, the sound was enough to rally the rider to the mounts and take to the skies.

Eiriell and Kieara were directing forces to begin containing the cursed fire before it spread too quickly around them.

The elven riders surged skyward with the beastmen riders, their formation spreading out to meet the flying armada coming towards them.

Ryosuke looked up at Archion, a silent command given to the dragon. The ruby red beast soared high and right in the middle of the approaching armada. The air around the ancient beast began to boil around him, the dragon pulled on the magic around him.

The Werenluna responded to the dragon's request.

The long throat of Archion began to glow orange, the air around him turning boiling and the winged-mounts keeping clear of the dragon.

A dense beam of fire erupted from ancient beat's mouth, the condensed for of fire magic aimed at the incoming armada that surged across the Great Granite Range.

The dense line of enemies scattered in an attempt to avoid the beam, but about a quarter of the incoming forces were not as fortunate in trying to avoid the Archion's onslaught. The attack was enough to slow down the forces, giving more time for Eostrun and Jishora to rally their forces.

Ryosuke let out a labored breath, Kieara was at his side with a worried look. But the Beastman Prince planted a kiss on his mate's forehead, he reached for a mana replenishing potion to restore the reserves that he and Archion depleted.

Trying to use that attack was always draining on him.

"Hang back for a bit and direct our aerial forces, I'm going to the Narrows to ensure that the rest of Tetran doesn't try to capitalize on the offensive and try to push through." Touya was at Ryosuke's side, his slitted gaze looking at the pass, "It's up to you and Eiriell to stop their push coming over the range. "

"Got it." Ryosuke nodded, he locked eyes with Kieara, "And you?"

"I'm riding out with our forces that have to contain the cursed flames," Kieara was ready and her horse was brought to her along with some beastmen cavalry. "Natasha is coming with me, Fredrick is staying back in the Narrows to help defend it."

"Where's Phoenix and Eiriell?"

"Phoenix took a small outfit to try and scout out how long the line of troops are spread across the range," Kieara explained, "Eiriell is organizing her people and Tsuuki's outfit too."

Ryosuke took a sip of water from his waterskin, "Alright then, I'll go find Eiriell." He looked over at Kieara.

The two came together, both of their hands wrapped around the back of their necks, their brows touching and the two simply breathed together. They felt out to the other with their sacred bond, feeling the other's heart beat in time with their own. The exchanged mating bite on their shoulders glowed a warm ember.

There was something about the air today that made the two take this moment for themselves.

"You're a warrior and the man your people would follow to the ends of the earth." Kieara whispered, her breath tickling Ryosuke's lips, "You were all those things before I met you. You are all those things now... But now, you are also the light of my life, Ryo. Come back to me after this battle."