Change of Plans

It was barely daybreak.

And an elven officer burst into Eiriell's tent.

She went wide-eyed at the sight of Princess Eiriell nude and tucked securely into the side of Phoenix, who was also equally nude.

Phoenix and Eiriell snapped awake, the two looking over at the dumbfounded officer.

But thankfully, she was able to regain her composure.

"It's an emergency, a beastman wyvern rider has arrived. Prince Rollin arrived in the Narrows within the night and amounted an assault on Prince Ryosuke."

Phoenix sat up, not minding her nudity in the slightest, "Where's Theoden?"

"He stayed back to help contain the Black Underworld Flame, Prince Rollin brings orders to simply burn down the rest of the Werenluna."

"Get the rest of officers and General Gantar gathered." Eiriell leapt from the bedding quickly, she went to a chest of clothes to get dressed into.

Phoenix stood and began pulling on her discarded clothes from the day before.

Eiriell caught the elven officer before she left, "Get some clothes for Phoenix, she's about Theoden's size."

"Eiri." Phoenix looked over at her, but Eiriell ignored her and sent the elven officer off. "You didn't have to do that."

Eiriell stood eye-to-eye with Phoenix, "You are mine, are you not?"

"I am." Phoenix thought back to their confessions in the night.

"Then I want to show the world you are mine, wear my colors." Eiriell alluded to the green and silver-white tones gilded in gold of the Elatoris family.

Phoenix searched her eyes, "You'd have me in your armor too if you had any that fit." Her eyes twinkled.

"It's a good thing Ryo gave you something that didn't have any emblems on it." Eiriell returned to the task at hand of getting dressed.

"And what, am I supposed to sit here nude then?"

"It certainly isn't an unappealing idea." Eiriell smiled wickedly while pulling on her fitted tunic.

Before Phoenix could say anything more, someone different returned with a batch of clothes for Phoenix to change into.

"I see now why you scared off your lieutenant, Eiri." Pyria teased, "Hello there, Nix."

"Pyria!" Phoenix nearly stood, but Pyria stopped her.

"Just hurry and get dressed." Pyria sighed, "It sounds like we have a situation to discuss, General Gantar will be able to join us in ten minutes." She turned heel and left through the flap of the tent.

"Reliable as always." Eiriell mused, she looked over and watched Phoenix get dressed.

How fitting it was to see the dark silver trousers made of the famous elven silk that was soft to touch and yet durable all at once. Along the sides of her trousers were golden accents. The short-sleeved tunic hung in a similar fashion, this time in the dark forest green and more gold accents.

All Phoenix needed was the emblem of the Elatoris Royal Family.

Eiriell stepped over and adjusted Phoenix's clothes.

She was satisfied to see Phoenix in her colors.

"I love you." Eiriell took that moment for themselves.

Phoenix bent down, her lips caressing Eiriell's, "I love you too."

Eiriell smiled and stepped back.