Regrets

"How're you doing, Galen?" Arthur tested the chains around his wrists, they were made of a special material that absorbed one's magical essence. With a groan, a sharp pain at his stomach nearly caused him to wretch up his sad meal.

Arthur needed as much sustenance as he could to maintain his body's health, he could feel an infection coming on from the wound at his stomach.

Galen waited until the guards were gone, no one liked waiting down here in the cells when they could wait up top in the dungeon's entrance. He grunted in response, the chains were no longer taut and he was allowed reprieve by sitting or lying down.

The two shared the same dungeon cell together – they considered it a small mercy.

"Rollin had the honor of delivering my lashings today - again." Galen groaned and sat up.

Arthur observed the way his friend favored his right arm, "Anything broken?"

Galen shook his head, "No... but Ike was the one that escorted me back down with another guard." He opened up his palm to reveal a healing potion.

Arthur almost fumbled the potion from how sudden Galen tossed the vial across the stone room. Despite Galen's condition, he still managed an accurate and easy throw for Arthur's state.

"Gale..." His green eyes were confused.

"You use it first." Galen grunted out.

"No, you should." Arthur tried throwing it back, but his stomach body ceased at the movement and a steely gaze from his friend stopped him.

"Art, we need you healthier than me." Galen sighed, "Take care of your wounds first."

Arthur nodded, tears prickling at the corner of his eyes.

The potion did a lot to soothe the brand on his stomach that he received from his last 'interrogation'. The festered burn ceased to itch and the skin was no longer scaly and filled with puss. Arthur's brand of the Wolfbane's family turned into a light scar.

He would keep up the ruse of being unable to move for as long as he could though.

Arthur Williams refused to give up more valuable information when it came to the Werenluna. He had come to deeply regret it the first time, but it was what inclined Rollin to keep him alive.

Galen said he'd rather have Arthur alive.

But for Arthur, he vowed to die before he would give up another elven secret.