15 - Demons Don't Cry

~ Aziraphale's Perspective ~

Heaven, before Earth's Creation.

Day and night had not yet been invented. The Cherub Aziraphale flew alongside his very best friend in all of Heaven, Crowley. He had the feathers of a dove, and beautiful red hair. They flew so close their wing tips brushed, soaring amongst the stars.

"Where shall we go?" Crowley asked, "We've got a whole galaxy to explore. Wherever you want to go, we can go."

"I'm not sure, Crowley. You chose." Aziraphale said, dripping slowly underneath the red haired angel.

"We could make stars," Crowley suggested, "If you'd like," he added.

"Of course." Aziraphale agreed, brushing his feathers over Crowley's.

They two best friends stopped flying, gently flapping their wings to keep them airborne.

"So... what kind of stars?" Aziraphale asked.

"Bright ones... three. Together. Like... us."

Aziraphale said nothing, just nodded. The angel was unwilling to admit he was slightly taken aback by Crowley's choice of words, though he couldn't say he minded. In fact... one might say he rather liked the thought of being together.

He liked it a lot.

"I've never made a star with another angel before," Aziraphale commented.

"Really?" Crowley seemed surprised, "It's not hard."

"If you say so."

"Just... put your erm - hands in mine." Crowley finished awkwardly. Aziraphale felt heat prick at his cheeks and he lifted a pale, warm hand and placed it in Crowley's palm. The angel's hands were soft, and Aziraphale found he liked holding it. It brought him comfort, and...

"Right." Crowley said suddenly, clearing his throat. "Now, we close our eyes and think of whatever it is we like best..."

Aziraphale pondered over this for some time, wondering what it is he liked best. He loved the Almighty, of course. And Heaven too. He liked soaring high above the planets and feeling the cool air on his feathers.

But none of those were what popped into his mind first. Instead, a familiar red headed angel did, his wavy hair falling to his shoulders and his white wings brushing Aziraphale's.

"...Now," Crowley continued, "What feeling do you have when you think of whatever you like the most? Think of that, take that feeling, and wrap it around your mind."

Aziraphale's heart swelled with a golden light, a feeling that he's never known he felt.

Love.

So he did as Crowley said, and snuggled the feeling to his mind.

"Then spread it out, and imagine stars." Crowley instructed. Aziraphale did so, feeling Crowley doing the same. Light poured from where their hands touched, and spread amongst the dark part of the sky.

Aziraphale heard Crowley's breath of awe. Aziraphale opened his eyes to see the stars, burning brighter than any others Aziraphale had seen. Aziraphale gently let go of Crowley's hand, not missing the flash of disappointment in his eyes as Aziraphale let go.

"It'll be here forever." Crowley said proudly, "Stars we created."

"And so will we." Aziraphale said.

They had the promise of forever, and six thousand more.

"What should we call it?" Aziraphale asked quietly.