Episode 40 - Conversing Within Captivity

Seraphina's POV

"It's you!" I shouted at the man. "Keon!"

"Why, hello to you, too." Keon answered with a grunt.

"Where am I? What am I doing here?" I asked him. "Why does it have to be you?"

The woman with long white hair turned her head to Keon. "This girl knows who you are?"

"I've met her a couple of times before." The red-haired man replied as he faced her. "You're familiar with the novel Unordinary, isn't that right, Mrs. Emma?"

Emma? So, that's her name?

"Of course I do. After all, I am related to him. I've even taken a look myself." She scoffed and glowered. "What, is this some kind of joke? Don't patronize me."

"Why, I would never do that to you of all people." Keon simply smirked in return.

"Wipe that smirk off your face before I bash it in for you."

"You're quite violent, aren't you?" The man shot back before a loud ringing echoed in the room.

Keon grabbed a phone from his jacket pocket and accepted the call.

"Hello, this is Keon." He stated. His face furrowed with light wrinkles in confusion, then he tapped a finger to his forehead. "What, are you kidding me? Right now? I don't know if you realize this, but I'm very busy at the moment. Can't the others deal with it?"

I could only hear the man's sharp replies as he continued to talk on the phone.

"Fine, fine. I'll come over right now then. But don't forget. I won't always be doing this for you." He said. "You'll have to get a grip soon and handle them yourself, alright? Good."

Keon moved the phone away from his ear and ended the call. He looked up to both of us.

"It seems that Reginald has lost control of the situation. He says those kids are causing trouble for him and he needs me to handle them. Can you watch the girl for me?" He asked Emma.

"Not like I have much of a choice, do I?" The woman folded her arms across her chest.

"No, I suppose you don't." Keon responded as he walked towards the exit. "Goodbye."

Once the red-haired man left the two of us alone, the room became silent.

That is until I glared at those cold golden eyes in disgust.

"Oh no." Emma said with a frown. "Oh no, you don't! You don't get to look at me like that! Did you think I wanted to do that? To kidnap you?"

"Well, I don't know." I sarcastically spat. "Maybe the tone of your voice back there in the alleyway proved something?"

"No, I didn't want to!" The white-haired woman sighed. "Look, I'm just looking out for my family. I didn't want to capture you, but orders are orders. There's nothing I can do."

"That's bullshit. I could definitely feel your presence in the alleyway. You're much stronger than you let on. Those people you call your superiors? They wouldn't stand a chance against you."

"Perhaps. But that shouldn't matter. After all, everyone knows..." She interrupted herself before continuing.

"Authority overrules physical strength."

"Does it?" I questioned her.

"Always." She confirmed. "Though, I wouldn't expect someone as young and inexperienced as you are to understand. The only reason why you can't see that simple fact is because of your youth. Now, if you experienced the same things I did, that mindset of yours would change."