Episode 30 - Love At Its Finest

!!Warning!!: Flashbacks regarding physical violence and mental violence! If you are uncomfortable with either of these topics or both, please do not read! Thank you!!

John's POV

Woaba Boba, Wellston Town, 2:56PM

Yesterday, I came to a conclusion.

I'm in love with Arlo.

I don't know how I got to this point. I don't know how I'm even attracted to him.

All I know is that I love him now.

I mean, I've known that I've been bisexual for a long time. But Arlo? Being a potential love interest for me? I wonder if I'm even sane if I'm in love with an asshat like him.

What did I even find that was appealing about him?

Was it that asshole of a personality? Or maybe it was the way he looked that fascinated me. Those golden locks of curly hair...and those beautiful sapphire blue eyes...

...

Wait, what?

Argh, begone stupid thoughts!!

I covered my flushed face with my hands, humiliated by what I was thinking.

What the hell, this is so embarrassing!

How is it that I fall in love with the worst person imaginable?!

"John? Are you...alright?" Elaine asked me.

Right. I almost forgot. Elaine was the one who suggested earlier that the FROST group should all hang out at Woaba Boba like old times, but the rest of them said that they were busy. I'm sure that they had homework to do or something.

But, I didn't really care. I wasn't expecting that my homework was going to be correct anyways, so I went along with her. The teachers can yell at me all they want, but it's not like they can just kick out someone like me. The headmaster would never allow that.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine..." I answered quite sheepishly.

...

"You're thinking about Arlo, aren't you?" She suddenly assumed.

What the-?! How did she know so fast?

"W-Well, I...um..." I stuttered, not sure what she was going to say next.

"Relax. I won't judge." The blue haired girl sighed as she looked at the table. After a moment of silence, she spoke again. "You know, I have a crush on Arlo..."

...

Oh.

Welp, this is awkward.

"Ah, is that so?" I had no idea how to respond, so I said that.

"Yeah, but don't worry. I won't steal your man." She took a sip from her mango boba drink. "I'm already aware that no one's going to fall for you that way, so I'm giving up on him."

"Wait...'steal my man?'" My mind turned to those specific words.

"Uh, duh." She put her hands up to the side and shrugged her shoulders as if I was talking nonsense. "You guys are like, so gay for each other, even I can see it."