Episode 12 - Broken Glass

John's POV

I opened the door to the headmaster's office, revealing the man himself sitting at his desk, arms crossed on the table. His wavy teal hair was slicked back as usual while his piercing light green eyes and black glasses asserted dominance. I bowed my head as a sign of respect.

"Sir, you wanted to see me?" I asked.

"Ah, John." He noticed me walking up to him. "Please, take a seat."

I moved the chair that was seated in front of him and sat down.

"Now, I'm sure that you know what you're here for, correct?" The headmaster questioned. "It's about a certain announcement that you had Cecile publish in the school newspaper this week."

Oh, yeah. I did that.

"I'm aware, yes." I admitted, bracing myself for what he was going to say next.

"Why would you do that?" was the million dollar question.

I breathed in, then out. "I don't want the others sticking their noses into my business. The supposed Queen, Remi, is oblivious to everything that's going on in the school, and the supposed Jack, Cecile, is someone who can't be trusted. To conclude, Sir, if even the King can't find the Royals to be trustworthy, then why should I trust them with the rules of Wellston?"

Headmaster Vaughn took a sip from his cup of coffee, then set it down.

"You seem to have issues with trusting people, John." He told me. "You say that Remi and Cecile are people who cannot be trusted, but from what I see, I do not think so. What I see is a girl who is trying her best to keep her school safe, and a girl who just needs to see the life of someone less stronger than her to understand what they have to go through everyday."

That pink haired bitch and bob cut snake? Described all innocently like that? Bullshit.

...

"John, have you figured that you would see those two in a positive light?"

I was startled by the headmaster's sudden inquiry. But, I tried to think about it.

"..."

It's not working. No matter how hard I thought about Remi and Cecile, I would end up with a vivid image of Claire holding her hand out to me. The start of a betrayal.

I clenched a fist. I never want that to happen. Ever again.

"John." I was snapped out of my thoughts by Headmaster Vaughn. "Do you...need help?"

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused by what he meant.

"Forgive me, but I've noticed some things from you." He apologized. "During your interrogation with Mr. Keon back then, you've shown many symptoms of the mental health condition PTSD. Or, in other words, post-traumatic stress disorder."

Well, shit.

"Whenever he would talk to you, you would get nervous. Sweating, shaking, and stuttering during speech were few that I picked up on during that time period." He continued to speak, noting the little details that he noticed from me back then. "Tell me. Did something happen between you and Mr. Keon that caused you to act this way around him?"

Something that happened between...?

"KNOW YOUR PLACE, CHILD!"

!!

"I'm a high ranking official and you're nothing but a little brat!"

SLIDE.

"Now take a good look at what you did. This is the aftermath of your little rampage."