Episode 7 - The Meeting

Blyke's POV

DASH!

"Aw, shit! I'm gonna be late!" I whisper yelled, cursing at myself.

I ran as fast as I could to the gang's regular meeting place, Woaba Boba. Man. I knew I should've just skipped yesterday's late night patrol, but I ended up going anyway.

"Show me what you got, will ya?!"

I still don't know how to feel about that...

Aw, whatever! Just dwell on it later!

After running down some more blocks, I finally made it to the store. Before I went in, I took a few seconds to catch my breath from running too hard. Then, I looked back up to see the huge sign on the front. The words "Woaba Boba" was plastered in light pink bubble letters with two boba cups, green and pink, which were knocked against each other. I held onto the handle of the door, breathing in. Damn. Arlo's going to have my head once I step in here.

RING!

I whipped my head from side to side, looking at the people at the tables to see if there were any blond, blue, orange, or pink heads I could recognize from the door.

"Yo!" A familiar voice called out to me. "We're over here!"

It was only until I heard that voice that I saw Isen, Arlo, and Elaine seated at a table at the end of the aisle. Isen was waving his hand at me. I could also see the back of Elaine's head, who was seemingly sipping a boba drink, while Arlo...shit. He does not look happy at all. Better quicken up the pace before he rips me to shreds in public. While I walked to the table, I smacked Isen on the back of his head with my hand.

"Ouch! Hey, what the hell was that for, Blyke?!" He asked while rubbing it.

"Oh, c'mon! You know what the hell that was for!" I responded, taking a seat next to him. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"Psh! Is that all?" Isen made an annoyed expression. "What do I look like? Your mom? You asshole, I did try to wake you up. Like five times, but you wouldn't budge! Look, man. I'm not getting scolded by Arlo just because your lazy ass can't get up from bed."

"Hey, I couldn't get that much sleep last night! So wake me up harder!" I argued.

"Huh?? Bro, whenever I try to blow on your face or pinch your cheek to wake you up for school, you'd give me the middle finger and go back to sleep! Do you think I really have many options?"

"Uh, guys...you're attracting a lot of attention." Elaine said nervously.

Isen and I whipped our heads to her, then looked at the tables around us. People were staring.

"Good grief." Arlo sighed. "You two should really cool down. We're in public if you can't tell."

"Sorry." Isen apologized.

"Yeah, my bad..." I looked down in shame. But when I realized something was off, I spoke up. "Hey, where's Remi? She's usually at our meetings, but she's not here today. Is she busy or something?"

Elaine turned her head to the side with a worried look. Isen noticed too.

"What's going on, Arlo?" He asked him.

Arlo sighed, looking somewhat disappointed. "I'm going to be straightforward about this. Are you two still working with her on your little X-Rei project?"