Episode 1 - Daydreams and Nightmares

???'s POV

"Why did you turn everyone against me?"

"......"

GRAB!

"AHH!"

"ANSWER ME!"

"YOU TURNED THEM AGAINST YOURSELF! HAVE YOU SEEN YOURSELF?!"

"......."

"LET GO!"

SLAP!

"TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE BECOME! YOU'VE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR REASONS TO HURT OTHERS! YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOURSELF! YOU'RE A TYRANT AND A HYPOCRITE!"

"You-!"

"YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY OF THE POWER YOU HAVE NOW! I NEVER SHOULD'VE HELPED YOU! I WISH I NEVER MET YOU!"

"SHUT UP!!"

"MAKE ME! GO AHEAD AND BEAT ME UP LIKE YOU DID WITH EVERYONE ELSE!"

GRAB!

"I SAID...SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

"MONSTER."

BAM!!

John's POV

"AAAAAAAAAA!!"

I yelled as I sat upright in my bed. Tears exploded from my eyes and sweat dripped from my face. I looked to the left and right, huffing uncontrollably. When I saw that it was just my dorm room, I took a breath in relief. It was that dream again. The one where Claire betrayed me and called me a monster. I scoffed. That was the sixth time this week. Why? Whenever I fall asleep, that dream always comes back to haunt me and wake me up. No. Not a dream. A nightmare. I could feel my hands and shoulders shaking, but I quickly tried to ease my nerves. Calm down. You're not in a secluded area. There's no one around in this room. It's just you.

I sighed. Damn you, Claire. Is this payback? Or perhaps, karma? Why am I crying about this nightmare anyway? I wiped the tears from my dark eyes. She was the one who betrayed me. She was the one who called me a monster. So why should I feel guilty about what she did? I bent down my back, facing the white sheets and my hands clutching my head in pain. It's not my fault. I didn't do anything wrong. That's what ran through my mind.

Calm down. This isn't you. I sat back up, trying my best to give my face the most unbothered look. A monotone look. It fits you more. I said to myself. You don't need any help. You're fine just as you are. People will look down on you if you show any signs of weakness.

I took off the blanket that covered my legs and placed it on my bed, then stretched my arms. How boring. Another school day.

I walked up to the Wellston school entrance with my backpack strap hanging off one shoulder. Ever since I became King, it's been much quieter than usual and students usually keep their distance from me. I guess that's one of the perks of being a Royal. I'm not that surprised though. Anyone who dares to piss me off is asking for a death wish. In New Bostin, if anyone even glanced at me, I'd run up to them and punch them without thinking twice. But, I decided that I was going to be different. People could look at me all they want and they'd get away with it. I wouldn't go ballistic and charge at them like a bull. So I've been thinking lately. Why did I let them stare at me with fear? Why did I let them off when they were looking at me like I was a monster? I couldn't answer that question and simply continued the way I always have.