Death and Life: Forever together

I'm still alive! Before you read the story, I want you to look at the photo above and answer this question: Which do you think is Death and which is life? Put your answer in the comments!

Once upon a time, there were the organisms known as 'humanity'. They spread across/around the world, building homes, farms, falling in love, and making families.

These organisms, however, were not the only ones on the earth. There were also two beings, unseeable to the mortal eyes. These two beings are known as Death and Life, who are always side by side, no matter the time or distance.

As the humans continued to live and build upon the land, Life began being praised and loved, while Death became feared and hated. Humans started to try and cheat Death of victims, making medicine and other machines to extend the short lifespan humanity was given by their Creator.

However, Death and Life always stayed side by side, no matter what was thrown at them.

Shall humans ever love you as they love me? Life questioned Death as they traveled across the ocean's waters to Japan.

Some will never be able to. Others will see me as a blessing, yet others will run to my embrace when it is not their time. Death whispered, cradling the soul she held, the two intent on giving it life again in a new form.

Times began changing as the two continued to work, medicine kept advancing, and new ways for humanity to brush shoulders with Death also came to be.

As Death had said all those years ago, many rejected and despised her, spending their life in search of health, while others spent their life cherishing the time they were given. Those who cherished their life called Death blessed and happily greeted her as if they were friends when the time they had was ending.

Death kept chests of the people that had left the world, while Life kept bookshelves of the people she helped bring into existence. They stood, one of them held like a doll as a person typed into their phone 'I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect anybodies existence.' (thepunkrocker on 9GAG).

They danced and cried as singers, known and unknown, wrote and made their own experiences as songs on paper and on CDs. They observed as scientists made new discoveries and updated technology. Life and Death marched with the soldiers into battle, wiped the sweat and blood from their brows at the camp.

The two beings hugged the children who faced rejection or fear with a smile. Life strove to show that they were still loved and listened to, while Death prayed to give them strength. They bemoaned the ones who failed to win their inner battles, sighing at the people who did not take time to listen and help the ones who truly needed it.

Both stood and marched in the rallies, sat with the helpless and homeless, wept over the innocent blood that was shed, raged over the unjustified anger toward the people who have chosen to protect the nations they were loyal to.

Death leaned on caskets of the soldiers who gave their all for the country they fought for, as Life wiped the tears of the family members.

Life read the pages of unwritten books as Death turned her eyes away, not wanting to ruin a book with no ending yet.

Here is something that many do not take into account... Life, no matter how long or short it is, is precious, while Death is as gentle as a flower, despite how a person dies.

For Death is as big as a mountain, while Life is as small as a bee. Both are forever linked, Life being carried by her big friend, while Death glides about the earth, greeting the souls that are ready and the ones that are not ready and have gone too soon.

My Dear readers, all of us are precious. Never forget that. Do not ever belittle yourself at something another has said.

None can escape Death, all we can do...

Is cherish the life we have been given.

I was really inspired by some stuff I found on Pinterest, so I decided to write this

I was really inspired by some stuff I found on Pinterest, so I decided to write this. Before you ask, nothing is wrong with me. I just have been in a place with someone who has taken their own life, or I have known someone who had been taken too soon. I wanted to try and show that you, as a person, are loved, no matter what.

The reason I made Death so big is that death always looms next to us, no matter what we do, while Life is so short that we don't tend to realize how precious it is until we are nearing the end of it.

I long to do something amazing with my life, yet all I can do is just... be myself.

I'm not good at giving advice, so I am thinking of doing something.

Each morning, when you get up, look in the mirror, state one flaw you have to yourself, then state one thing that you like about yourself. It does not have to be a physical attribute.

Until next time, my hybrid fledglings!

Soar high!