A Coincidence.

Jane wakes up in the morning, she's feeling positive today, she suddenly forgets the problems of this world, she's confident of taking over the Eric case, she takes a shower since she has a water well at her home. She puts her clothes on and gets her dad's motorcycle, she turns it on, smiles and says "here we go" she's ready more than ever.
She stood infront of a museum, thought maybe it's a good idea to watch some art and masterpieces.
It was empty and the security machines were turned off since the lack of electricity, she found the security's glocks, somehow she was able to load it and took it with her.
While surfing the museum, Jane found a place where she can put classic music on, she put the Chopin vinyl,her favorite. She then caught up on the famous Starry Night canvas by the great Van Gogh,she stood there amazed by the art. She put a chair and continued on starring at it, while listening Chopin Nocturne op.9 No.2.

After a few minutes she hears foot steps behind her.

-quiet, she says, the music is synchronizing.

-synchronizing what?

-our lives Eric, our lives.

-how is it synchronizing

-if you listen well, you can notice the ups and downs, ah, isn't it great? It's joyful and loved, yet dark and so alone.

-Jane there's no point, we should go.

-We? Go? We as in both of us go in the same way? Yeah no that ain't happening.

-Jane a storm is coming, we should go to my bunker. Trust me.

-Trust you? Says the guy who's forcing me to tame with him.

-Forcing? What do you mean forcing? I didn't force you. I only said if you want to reproduce and bring back humanity it's going to happen with me and only me.

Jane got mad enough to ignore the art, stands up, takes Eric's hand, drops him on the floor quickly, and then points the gun at Eric.

-Give me a valid reason why I shouldn't shoot you. And I'll think about not killing you.

-you're gonna die if you shoot. You're not gonna find any food supplies, without me, the storm will eat you.

-I'm dying anyways, there's no chance for us to fuck. Even if I wanted to restart and bring back humanity, we can't do it. OUR KIDS CAN'T REPRODUCE EVEN IN A HEALTHY WAY.

-Did I say something about our kids reproducing with each other?

-What the fuck do you mean?

-Look, Jane, I love you, I can't force you, I'm just trying to help you. Please put down the gun, it's sticking hard to my head and it hurts.

-One more word and I'll fucking end you. Don't you fucking say a word!

-Humanity.

-(loads the gun) Don't you fucking dare and talk about humanity while you're the one who took it out by yourself.

-And you're here to fix the mistake that I just made Jane.

-Oh are you admitting that you've made a mistake. OH DAMN ERIC JUST ADMITTED THAT HE'S WRONG IF HUMANITY IS STILL HERE I WOULD'VE BROUGHT THE WHOLE PRESS AND WRITE A WHOLE ARTICLE ABOUT IT.

-Look, Jane, please, the storm is coming, at least let me go.

-Oh well, there we go. (Puts down the gun) Now leave me alone.

Eric gets up, quickly grabs Jane's neck, to make sure she doesn't shoot, and then stings her with a syringe containing drugs, she falls immediately and sleeps.

And he finishes it with "this isn't a coincidence, and I'm not leaving you alone."