2.

"Yesterday I told you about me, and now you tell me a little about yourself," She said. She looked at me with those blue eyes of hers. Amazing.

"Well, my mom and dad are divorced I live here as you can see" She chucked. "I don't like most of the people I hang out with" I trailed off. I put my head down.

"Then why do you" She put her hand on my chin and raised my head.

"Cause I've known them for a long time but I feel like I'm an outcast. They always judge people and I always comment on what they say" I sigh. She is still holding my head up.

"Well they suck" she simply said. She put her arms back down and grabbed her pen.

"Let's get back to this project thing" I reminded her. She nodded. Is Billie Eilish starting to get comfortable with me? Nah no way. She is only doing this for the project.

"I think being in a relationship sucks. If they leave you'll get hurt. That can affect you in more than one way. So this is why I think that..." She continued. She is making it seem as if relationships are the worst thing in the world.

"What do you think?" She asked. It is staring at me which makes me a little uncomfortable.

"True but relationships can be a good thing too. Being in a relationship means choosing to be on your partner's team. And sometimes, that means putting their needs before your own. When you're committed to someone, you consider them when making both big and small decisions. In a relationship, you work together and make room in your life for each other." I said. I think I said too much cause I looked up and I met her eyes looking at me. I felt myself getting red. I buried my head into my hands.

"That was a good point" She agreed. She got off the bed and came around and sat beside me. We sat there in silence.

"It still can suck" she sighed. I felt her hand wander to mine. She laced her fingers with mine and we sat there holding hands. I looked down I knew my face was red as a tomato.

"We should write everything down" I continued. She nodded and let go. I felt butterflies burst in my stomach when she let go. Did it feel.....good? I'm straight for sure. I am straight.

"Sorry" I blurted out. She looked at me with total confusion.

"For what" She put her pen down and faced me. She had a concerned look in her eyes.

"For what just happened" I escaped eye contact and looked at my paper. I only wrote a few words. I knew my face was getting red but I don't care anymore.

"It's not your fault," She said. "I should get going" she grabbed her notebook and walked to the door.

~~~~~

"How's the freak," Scott asked.

I looked at him. He knows when he crosses the line with me but damn he is just waiting for me to explode.

"The so-called freak, her name is Billie. Billie Eilish. Okay? She got a name like the rest of us. Maybe she is shy, okay that's fine. But damn you guys talk about her like it's not going to affect anyone. So as I said before her name is Billie Eilish and if you want to know how she is doing why don't you get off your ass and go ask her" I took a deep breath after that. I leaned backward in my chair. People are probably looking at me weirdly.

"What? You asshole's got anything else to say" I looked at everyone. Silence. No one moved or talked. I think I got my point out and put my earbuds in. I don't want to hear this shit. The first song that popped on reminded me of someone. Someone that was close to me but when I needed them the most they were gone. I sighed and skipped the song.

~~~~

"Thanks," she said. She wore an oversized hoodie like always and some sweatpants. We were laying on my bed looking at the ceiling. I turned my head to face her.

"For what" I responded. I don't know to be honest.

"The other day at lunch when you started yelling" I have reached the point I can see Billie smile. It's beautiful.

"Oh yea, was I that loud" I chuckled.

"Yes, you were very loud. I could hear your music coming out of your earbuds after you stopped" she examined my face. I don't like people hearing what I listen to. Is that just me? I sighed.

"What's wrong" She mumbled.

"Nothing is wrong. I just had to think" I told her.

"Okay, next time we meet to do some of this project your coming to my house," she said. I nodded. "We could have a sleepover or something!" She got all excited.

"We can do the sleepover here." She nodded. I started playing with her hair. It's blue. Blue hair man. I knew she was getting uncomfortable so I stopped.

We sat in silence till my mom yelled for us. Billie is leaving now but we still have to tell them what we want to do.

"Hey mom can I ask you something" I yelled while running downstairs.

"Sure," Mom said. She was reading a book.

"Can me and Billie have a sleepover here?" I asked.

"Of course hun." She looked up from her book.

"Do you know if you can Billie" she looked at her. She was getting all nervous and stuff. She nodded.

"Okay I'll ask your mom just in case okay sweetie" She gave her a warm smile. Billie walked out to her mom's car. Mom got up and followed her. I saw them talking and a smile. Mom waved them off and walked back in.

"She can come tomorrow" She smiled. I got up and went to the kitchen.

"Thank you," I said to mom. I got out a cup and poured myself some water.