Chapter 20

"You think he's still alive?" 

Mikey inquires. It's been at least three hours. More than enough time to work out your differences. Leo hasn't received any concerning texts, so he can only assume you and Raph have come to some type of compromise. 

"They're fine." Leo isn't fully sure he believes his own words, but he has to. When they bounce into the lair, there is one thing Leo didn't truly consider. 

"What if they were actually doing better than okay."

The thought of them walking in on you kissing, it made him grimace.

"Mikey wait!"

"What Bro." They round the corner and Leo is shocked. They all pause, because you and Raph are on the couch, just cuddling.

Raph...cuddling?

You're curled into his side, and Leo guesses this is more your idea than his.

"Ya better hope none of them walk in on us." Raph mutters. They still have yet to acknowledge the existence of his brothers.

"Should we tell them?" 

Mikey whispers. Donne shakes his head. "I think we can find something to occupy our time with for the next hour or so." He speaks nervously. None of them wanted to face Raph's wrath if he was discovered. All the ninja training has led up to this moment. Cautiously, they inch away exiting silently.

"I think you secretly like this, even though you're acting so reluctant. " you poke. Raph just flicks your forehead lightly, and you smile up at him. 

"You're really muscular Raph." Of course he already knows that, but he appreciates your praise, even if he won't outright say it. You never thought you'd be the type to go after the bad boy. Which is an accurate description of Raph. It's like a teen drama. The nerd and the bad boy. "And your eyes are beautiful." you coo.

Raph swallows.

This is no longer just flattery. You lean up more, tipping your head. 

"Don't get me started on your lips.." You've never been the bold forward type, but with Raph, he somehow manages to awaken all your different sides. He reaches out, taking your thighs and pulling your leg over his hips, and now you're straddling him. 

Your eyes widen just a fraction at the adjusted position. 

"Think it's time ya pay for that mouth of yours." His sultrily tone causes you to gulp. Those green hues have darkened considerably. His hands have gravitated to your lower back, keeping you flush to his body. They don't venture under your clothing or go any lower, he seems quite content keeping them settled there. He takes pleasure in the hazed look in your eyes. You appear entranced and he has yet to kiss you.

"I think I'll enjoy this punishment."

Very much so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That afternoon you were so reluctant to go home. You didn't want to separate from Raph. With lingering kisses, you started your venture back home. It wasn't like you wouldn't see him soon. 

Upon grabbing your stuff, you slipped away the moment Aunt May was asleep. The venture to the lair was pretty quick, maybe because you were going faster than usual. The minute you stepped inside, your eyes searched for him. He was chatting with Leo and Donnie. All three turned when they saw you. Leo was grinning.

"Hey guys!" Donnie gave that cute little wave. You looked over at Raph almost instantly.

"H-Hi Raph." you say softly. He just wears that little smirk.

"Oooooh, so Raph gets a separate greeting now." Mikey calls over his shoulder. With one look from Raph he falls silent.

"Alright, let's get to work. Bad guys to catch." Leo instructs.

Fortunately they no longer have to worry about you and Raph walking around each other like lovesick puppies. Raph hasn't fully realized it, but you bring out a different side to him. Leo notices the subtle changes, for the better. He's a lot more perceptive, in tune to emotional situations.

"Will you guys stop staring at each other so we can go!" Mikey yells.

Okay so maybe Leo was wrong about the lovesick puppy theory. If anything the both of you were going to be flirting with each other shamelessly right in front of them. He can't complain though. Because as much as others would believe that hindered performance, it was quite the opposite with them. 

Their family was their strength, reason to fight. Doing this job didn't require someone dedicated to just putting people away, no, it was a need to protect the people they valued most. So in turn, the ones they helped had the opportunity to live peacefully with the ones they cared for.

This lifestyle wasn't cut out for everyone. But looking over, Leo knew that there was no one he'd rather do this job with than the people standing right here. His family.