Chapter 10

It's unclear how long you're waiting. It could have been merely minutes, but it feels like hours. All you can concentrate on is the man pacing in the hall with the gun in his hands. You still have yet to see his partners. You also evaluate that he's the only one on the floor.

The tingling at the back of your head makes you turn with haste, and your eyes light up the minute you make out the four brothers. Leo lands a few feet in front of you, and soon they're all lined up. Donatello doesn't waste a second. He's messing with some piece of tech on his back. The device connected to his shoulder lights up, and he extends in the direction of the bank. He's running a scan maybe.

"Five bodies detected Leo. What do we do." His hands lower, and you're listening attentively. You'd follow just about any plan.

"Lieutenant Vincent is part of the squad working to get them out. In five minutes she's going to distract the officers on the South side, that's the way we're gonna get in." Leo briefed. You weren't sure what was more shocking, the fact that they apparently had ties with the police department, or the fact that Leo sounded like a Unit Chief giving instructions to his squad.

"Donatello has already pinpointed where the other members are, we'll get the top floors. Once we have the leader secured, I'll give you the okay to take out the guy keeping the hostages. We only have a small window (Y/N). "

"Here take this." Donatello hands you a small com, and you take it, placing the device in your ear.

"After we take care of the others we'll let you know. Unfortunately we won't be able to stick around. There's a select few who actually know about us, and we'd like to keep it that way. " Leo states.

"Ready to kick some butt." Raph grins cracking his knuckles.

You wish you could emit the same confidence they all have right now. They don't even look worried. Maybe it's because they're together, and until now you've been trying to do this all solo.

"Guys.." your soft tone has drawn their attention. It's then Raph really looks at you. Your eyes are puffy and red. Mask in your hand as you grip it with shaky hands.

"P-Please promise me that..that no one will get hurt." Leo doesn't get why you'd make such a request. Obviously they're going to ensure everyone is safe. There must be something else behind your state.

"Ya got someone in there don't you." Raph states. It is not so much a question, but an observation. Leo is a bit awed that Raph is the one that puts it together. He isn't usually the one that picks up on those emotional cues.

"S-She's all I have left. The last of my family." You shouldn't be unloading all of this, especially at the start of such a risky mission. Emotions could prove to be dangerous right now. "I can't...I can't lose her.." you lament. They all exchange a look. A lot more is on the line now. Leo knows if it were anyone in his family, he'd be just as distraught.

"We ain't gonna let anything happen to her." Raph says. There isn't a hint of uncertainty, but you see a glimmer in his eyes. It makes you believe every word he says. Now you need to be just as ready as they are. You pull on your mask. Whatever conflicts you're facing now, you need to put them aside. Lives are at stake.

A beep goes off on Donatello's cellphone.

"That's our signal." you nod at Leonardo, and he returns it. Like clockwork you all fall in, checking to ensure the coast is clear. Leo takes the lead, scaling down the building, and you all stick close behind. You glide down easily, shooting a web to get you on the other side. As you all get to the small window, Donatello ducks behind the alley, his brothers doing the same.

"The cameras and alarms are all off, this is the only entrance we can use. We have ten minutes to secure all of them. (Y/N), if anything goes wrong we won't be able to help you. " You get it. He needs you to understand that nothing can go wrong. Exposure of their existence on a grand scale would endanger them.

"I know. Just make sure and beat the crap out of those scumbags. " Raph likes the sound of that.

"You know we will. " There's a window a few feet up, and he breaks it. The cracking of glass is expected. A path is clear, and each one of you duck in, creeping as quietly as you can. You're in an office. 

"We're going up, you head down. We'll be in touch." Leo salutes, and there filing out, looking for a staircase. You head straight for the door ahead of you. Opening it slowly, you peep out. Almost as quickly you pull back. The blond male has the gun strapped across his chest. He's marching back and forth. Your breath staggers when you see May. she doesn't look hurt, just rattled. "Breathe." No slip ups.

This time when you exit the room, it's deadly silent. Your best bet might be from above. You look up, smiling. He'll be expecting cops from the front doors, or even the back, but not in the least will he see someone coming from over his head. You start your venture up the wall, crawling easily. You move from around the corner, into the main hall. No one has taken notice of your entrance. Your eyes scan the people present. There's about thirty of them. A mix of men, women and children.

"Bastards." 

Now isn't the time to get angry. You need to stay there. Once again you're left waiting. It's tedious, soul crushing even. You hated being so close yet unable to do a thing. You're praying that the boys have had better luck than you. A thud from above catches your attention. You're not the only one it seems.

"(Y/N) we got them go now!" Donatello's voice offers relief.

"What the-" all heads have raised in your direction, including your assailant. He raises his rifle to shoot. Three bullets go off the same time you fire a string of your web. It hits him square in the face, and unfortunately one of the bullets has nicked your arm. It makes you lose balance, and you fall to the floor. Civilians are screaming and scrambling away from the area. He's blinded, and it makes him feel for the trigger of the gun. 

If he gets to it he could end up killing people with just a few shots. You grit your teeth when you land and rush right at him with all you have. Gripping him by the waist, you force him backwards, and the both of you go rolling out the glass windows of the entrance. It breaks on impact, and your body hits the concrete harshly, and you can hear an onslaught of yells and screams.

"Hands on the floor now!!

"Get down!"

"Don't move!!"

It appears to be coming from every direction, and you can see an older blond woman instructing her men to raid the bank. They all go in quickly, and the ones who remain have kept their pistols aimed your way. The man you once had in your hold is on the ground face first. He doesn't make the mistake of moving. He keeps his head down, too afraid to get shot by the many officers now trained on him. You're not that far from him. But you know you can't stay there. You inch to stand, but a shout stops you.

"Stay down!" The male officer screams. You raise your hands to indicate you aren't a threat.

"I'm one of the good guys officers, you don't want to do this. " You have to get out of there now. Leo and the others have probably already disappeared. Your plan was to do the same, but obviously nothing ever goes as planned.

"I said get down!" 

You know panicking in this type of situation will be problematic. But your options are becoming limited. If you get caught, there's no telling what's gonna happen. You'll just have to take a chance. The civilians are already safe, and they have the criminals, so there's a good chance you could get out of this without any holes. Your eyes direct to the building above. Worth a shot. With a quick flick of your wrist, the web sticks to the glass surface. A string of gasps follow when you pull yourself up into the sky. 

The speed that you fly up really makes it difficult for any of them to react. Their figures are getting smaller, and you breathe a sigh at the fact that no one actually took a shot. That could have gone bad in so many ways. You land maybe about twenty stories up, hands flattening on the glass. A few of the workers on the other side just gawk in astonishment, and you send a little wave before swinging to another building. You need to get a safe distance away, gather your clothes and then head over to check on Aunt May. It's all that's been driving you since you went sprinting out of school. She'll definitely scold you for that later, and you can't wait.