Chapter 19

"Hey, we have an emergency. How quick can you get here?"

You receive the text from Leo when you're at the table having lunch with your Aunt. It nearly makes you spit out your juice. You're coughing violently now, and May looks at you concerned. "Honey, I've told you many times to drink slowly. The food isn't going anywhere." She pats your back with a smile, and you collect yourself. 

"S-Sorry it's just that my friend just texted, I have to go."

"You know you're always running off now. Are you really that tired of your Aunt May." She's wearing a pout, and you smile. "Come on, you know I don't fall for that Aunt May. Listen, I promise we can spend the night together. Watch a movie."

"That's nice of you but I promised Principal Coulson that I'd assist with the fundraiser. He's low on staff."

"Been getting pretty chummy with him Aunt May." you raise a brow.

"Oh hush, I'm just being polite. He's a nice man managing all those kids. Poor man." Aunt May has always felt the need to take care of everyone, so it's nothing new for you. You're secretly glad that she's found something to occupy her time. It could have been much worse. Considering how long they've been married, and how in love they both were, you know it'll be a long time before she even thinks about another man.

"Have fun Aunt May."

"I will. Well don't keep your friend waiting. " She winks, and you just roll your eyes playfully.

"Bye Aunt May."

You're rushing upstairs to pack your suit into your backpack. Changing into your suit and jumping out the window wouldn't be too smart in broad daylight. So once you gather all you need, you're headed back downstairs. 

"See you later." With a peck on her cheek, you practically sprint out the door. Your legs beat against the concrete as you run through the streets of New York. Leo and the others reside all the way on the other side of town, so it's gonna take a while to get there by foot. Looks like you'll need to switch to a little shortcut. You turn down an alley, looking left and right, you grin, tightening your straps before you begin slowly climbing up the wall. In a matter of seconds you're already at the top. From here on out, the trip won't be as long.

~~~~

Raph looks very disgruntled when he wakes up from his little nap. His brothers know better than to ever wake him up. The silence is what throws him off. As he leaves his room, something slides off his door and falls right at his feet.

"Went to April's, didn't want to wake you."

It's Leo's handwriting. It's a little weird that they would leave in the middle of the day, but knowing Mikey, he figures he begged them to go. His head follows the sound of someone entering the front. 

"Hey Leo I'm pretty sure we're out of pizza I'm hungry." His assumption is he's been sleeping so long that they're already back. But it isn't his brothers. In fact it's you. There's a look of urgency in your eyes, and for a brief moment Raph forgets your last encounter a few days ago. You both meet in the middle checking for injuries, or any kind of issue.

"Ya good?"

"Are you alright?"

You both pause, then you smile. "I'm fine Raph." You tilt your head to search for some type of danger, or anything out of place.

"Is there nothing wrong?" you drop your bag. "Leo texted me saying there was an emergency so I came as quickly as I could. Where is everyone?"

"They went to April's" your brows knit, then you hear a ding on your phone. Slipping it out your pocket you almost want to chug your phone.