3. The Countdown

The next day while the story about what happened last night circulated to the entire Long kingdom, the person on their topic just woke up with a smile.

"It turns out a day here is equivalent to three days inside the book." a satisfied smile on Meixiang's beautiful face appeared.

She also notice after reading the first set of books last night, learning is much easier to her now. Aside from having a cheat in time, her learning ability also increases that allows her to learn a lot and maybe the unlocked shelves will be done before her real birthday arrives.

Standing up, she was about to change her clothes when a knock on the door was heard. A whisper like voice heard from the back door of her room.

"Little Xiang...this is Brother Ling. Mother cooked your favorite snacks. It's now afternoon she think you are craving for these so she packs a lot. Ow this one is special than before she puts a lot of milk and even added some—"

The young man called Tian Ling only stops his about to no end line and was taken aback that Meixiang suddenly appeared in front of her out of no where.

"Lit--little Xiang!"

Meixiang turn her back to the young boy and said in low voice,

"Go in before others saw you tresspassing this young miss' manor and taint my already tainted reputation."

Tian Ling realize this and look around like a spy, confirming no one is around he followed Meixiang inside her room.

"Little Xiang?"

"Hmm?"

"You. Don't be sad. Big brother is always here."

Meixiang nodded looking at the young man full of anticipation, to be exact she is looking at fully packed foods in his arms.

Tian Ling sigh and look at his friend, "It's okay not to be okay and even better if you'll show to big brother you're not okay."

Meixiang nodded not caring if she's being misunderstood and said, "Now please big brother put the snacks auntie brought for me here and I'll be even better." as she tap the table infront of her twice.

Su Meixiang's face was seriously asking for her food as she tap the table infront of her twice.

Tian Ling surrender and put the snacks he brought into Meixiang's side. He sat in the opposite seat and observe her little sister who is happily munching like an hungry little rabbit. He then turn his eyes to her little sister's pink blush hanfu.

"Tsk. If you are really okay you would atleast change to sleeping robe."

Tian Ling continue to nag her like a real big brother.Meixiang didn't mind to explain and continue to eat. This is her first food after like years had passed inside the sacred book. Inside the unending library she didn't feel the hunger but she just miss the joy of eating. When she gets back home last night she didn't even mind to change her clothes and directly enter the sacred book to continue reading the new available books, that is today's explanation her condition is like this.

"L—little Xiang." Tian Ling said looking at her little sister pitifully.

"Hmm?" she look at the uncomfortable face of her childhood friend while her cheeks are bulging eating in unlady like manner.

"Little Xiang" he sigh like an mature tired man and look at her friend seriously. "Don't be sad. You see so what if you can't practice martial arts or magic? Look at me! I can't practice neither the two but I am so handsome!"

Meixiang keep eating trying to ignore his friend's last sentence.

Tian Ling who is looking at Meixiang's action being carefree and all remembering himself five years ago, he turn his mode in a VERY serious mode just like an old man saying an advise to his predecessor.