"I don't know what's wrong with you." He finished.

Mrs. Jeon's heart broke on hearing her son doubt her honesty. But once again, she couldn't blame him. She was the only one to blame here.

Jungkook waited for a minute, waiting for his mother to speak. But when she didn't say a word, he knew there was nothing else to say. 

He softened his voice a bit as he spoke next. Maybe his mother really didn't know anything?

"Anyways Mom, I don't care about what happened. Just, please leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you or dad till next year, please. I'll contact you in January myself, maybe."

On the other line, Mrs. Jeon was heard sniffing before she spoke, "Okay son, we won't disturb you. Take care of yourself."

"You too Ma." Jungkook called her the name, feeling a little considerate towards his sobbing mother. 

Then, the line went silent.

An uneasy silence floated in the air as soon as Jungkook placed his phone on the side table. Taehyung was as stiff as a rock in his arms as he fiddled with his fingers. He didn't know what to say and he was nervous. 

Sensing Taehyung's tentativeness, Jungkook spoke first, "Why the hell did you want to leave?"

His tone was soft, but somewhere, Taehyung could feel the sternness in the question. 

Taehyung turned around so he was facing the younger. His palms on Jungkook's chest as he spoke, "Just, felt like I shouldn't be here."

"What do you mean?"

"It was a private conversation."

Jungkook put his index finger under Taehyung's chin and urged him to look up so he met his eyes. His eyebrows were furrowed in puzzlement when he asked, "And? You thought you shouldn't be here because it was one? As if I wouldn't have told you every single detail later Tae."

When he got no response from the older, he wrapped both his arms around his waist and pulled him closer, reassuring him while doing so. "Tae," He softly began, knowing the nickname always soothed him.

"You know everything about me. Everything. When I talk to you, it's as good as talking to myself. Yes, we need our own personal space but everything that's happening with my parents right now, it's not just about me. It's about us. You deserve to know everything. And besides, I need you Tae. I can't express in words how strong you make me feel when you're beside me but I need that strength against my parents."

Taehyung's eyes were glassy and he stared at Jungkook like he was his entire world. Not that Taehyung would deny that. 

Before he spoke, he leaned in with a smile and gently placed his lips on his lover's, assuring him that he understood what he was saying.

"I understand Kook, I do. I guess I just felt- felt insecure." He whispered as he looked down.

Jungkook lifted his head again, locking their gaze, "Insecure, what for?" Jungkook's face had worry written all over it. Every organ, every line of his face, all expressed worry. 

Taehyung shook his head, "Nothing, it's fine. It's nothing."

"No, you said it, now you have to explain."

Though Taehyung should be the one feeling bad here, for he was the one who felt insecure, Jungkook also shared the same feeling. Knowing his boyfriend felt insecure made him feel he had done something wrong, had made a mistake whilst trying to be a good boyfriend.

Taehyung cupped Jungkook's face, sensing that he had started to feel guilty, "It's not you who's making me insecure love, never. You can never. It's just that, your parents, they hate me."

"They hate me too." Jungkook hadn't realized his remark was quite comical before he heard Taehyung's soft giggle resonate in their room. He had just said the first thing that came in his mind. But seeing Taehyung giggle made him smile too and suddenly, the air felt much lighter. 

A few seconds later, when Taehyung only had a smile on his face, Jungkook spoke again, "Seriously though, they don't hate you Tae. They hate the fact that I'm gay. Why would someone hate someone as wonderful as you?"

Taehyung snorted, finally coming back to himself again, "Okay Jeon, stop being so cheesy now." He rested his head on Jungkook's shoulder, giving him a full-on hug.

Jungkook returned the embrace, "You say that as if you don't absolutely love it."

"Guilty as charged." 

Jungkook laughed and he could feel Taehyung's lips lift up into a grin against his neck too. 

After a few minutes of silence, Taehyung asked, "Have you planned anything for our anniversary yet Kook?" 

Their one year anniversary wasn't very far away. Just 17 days from today. 

Jungkook hummed in thought before he answered, "I have thought of a couple of things, yes." He had two options in his head, he just needed to ponder over which one Taehyung would like the best and then execute his plan. 

"What are they?" 

Jungkook snorted, "You think I would tell you that?"

"No but, want some help in knowing what I want?" Taehyung lifted his head to look at him.

"Yes, tell me love." Jungkook ran his fingers through Taehyung's hair, massaging his scalp in the process. He smiled when he felt Taehyung leaning into the touch.

"Well for one, I don't want something too extravagant at all. Like I know it's our first year anniversary and all but you know I get scared of luxury." He twisted his face in disgust.

"And second, can we travel please?" He looked at his lover with puppy eyes. He knew it was probably too much to ask for but he also knew Jungkook could afford it.

"Like, we've never been on a trip, you know? And I really want to get away from the city."

Jungkook looked up in thought, seemingly very much interested in Taehyung's suggestion. After a few seconds, he looked down and pecked Taehyung's lips, "Sure baby, I'll see what I can do."

Taehyung's face immediately lifted up in joy as he leaned in and kissed Jungkook's nose, "Okay! Thank you! I love you!"

Jungkook giggled, "I love you too darling."

Then the two peacefully slept in each other's arms.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Delayed Update!!!

How did I get so blessed to get the best readers in the world? 🥺

I cannot even thank y'all enough for the immense support and reassurance I got for not updating yesterday. Y'all are seriously angels. Thank you so much for understanding me! 🥺💜

I promise I will spoil you with beautiful updates!!

I really hope you like this chapter and it makes up for yesterday 🥺

Thank you so much for reading! I love you 💜❤

Take care lovelies

Stay safe, Stay home

~Love,
TheTaeBTSLover ✨❤❤