Chapter Forty Two : Ammunition

Beginne am Anfang

"Wow." I state, my eyes leisurely taking another look at her. She sprays a few pumps of her vanilla perfume while smiling at me. "Holy shit." I clear my throat. She looks so good in that outfit that I just want to take it off of her.

"You look nice." She steps forwards, her low heels tapping against the floor. She adjusts my collar for me before giving me a quick peck. Then, she wipes my lips clean. I place my hands on his hips, gazing down at her.

"Maybe we should just stay home." I utter underneath my breath. She playfully pats my arm.

"Absolutely not. I've spent way too long getting ready." She chuckles before taking my hand in hers. "Come on."

**

Isabelle

Thomas pulls the car up underneath a tall, orange toned light in the middle of the parking lot that's across the street from the restaurant. While I collect my bag, making sure all my things aren't spilling out of it, he quickly jumps out, coming around to my side of the car.

He swings the door open and offers me his large hand. After unbuckling my seatbelt, I grin up at him and take it.

"Thank you." I say and he gives it a little squeeze. With my other hand, I shut the door and he starts to lead the way, locking the car over his shoulder. We get up to the door, where a member of staff in a smart, white shirt and tie is waiting at a small screen.

"Table for two." Thomas clears his throat. "It's under the name King."

"Yes." The waiter says after scanning the booking list. "If you'd like to follow me." With a smile, he takes off and we go on after him.

We pass through the busy downstairs, that's filled with sophisticated conversation and light laughter, until we get to a set of stairs. I hold onto the railing so I don't slip in my low heels and Thomas follows on behind me.

Reaching the top, the waiter takes us around the corner and out a set of glass doors onto a balcony. He stops by a round, white cloth table with a flickering candle in the centre. It's secluded off from everywhere else, fairy lights wound around the railings. I soundlessly gasp at the endless view of the sunsetting across the city.

"Wow." I murmur to myself before Thomas pulls my chair out for me. I gladly sit in it and he tucks it in. He takes his place opposite me and I push my phone in my bag, leaving in on the floor, by my feet, so I won't have any distractions.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" The waiter asks immediately, getting out a small device.

"We'll have a glass of your finest champange each please." He answers without glancing once at the menu. I frown slightly.

"Certainly." The waiter gives us a kind nod and leaves.

"Thomas. I would've been fine with a soda." I tell him and he smiles shortly.

"We're celebrating." He shrugs casually and I chuckle.

"What are we celebrating exactly?" I question, narrowing my eyes.

"Us." I smile sweetly at his answer. The low lighting carves out his sharp jaw and cheekbones, occasionally catching the twinkle in his green eyes that he hasn't taken off me since he first saw me in this outfit.

"This place is beautiful Thomas." I scan across the horizon once again, amazed by the view. There's muffled music of a live band playing from downstairs.

"I'm glad you like it." He picks up his menu to have a read and I do the same. After skimming each section, there's a lot of stuff on here that I don't know and wouldn't even be able to hazard a guess at what it is.