Chapter Nineteen : Tequila

T E Q U I L A

Thomas

I've been awake for the past ten minutes, staring up at the ceiling. There's nothing else on my mind but the recollection of the events that took place last night. All I can think about is how good she felt, on both ends. And God – the sounds she made. The longing in her voice as she moaned my name made me feel some type of way and it was so fucking good.

What is she doing to me?

Dropping my cheek to the pillow, she is still peacefully asleep, her whole body facing away. I listen out to her long, steady breathes for a moment before quietly slipping out from under the covers. I carefully step into a pair of sweatpants and then tiptoe across the room, letting the door hang open slightly ajar so I don't make any noise that wakes her. I leave her in her slumber.

Reaching the kitchen, I make myself a protein shake, clicking my fingers and humming to myself around the island. After taking a large gulp, I hear an insistent knock at the door. I frown to myself, checking the time. It's a little too early for Violet to be here. I get to the door and unlock it.

Swinging it open, it reveals a tall, blue eyed man with dark hair, closely shaved to his head. A line cuts cleanly through his haircut, stubble hanging around his jaw.

"Elliot!" I cry out as he jumps into the apartment. We clasp each other into a hug, cheering. "Oh my god!"

Elliot is my cousin on my Mom's side, a few years older than I am. Growing up, we used to see each other all the time but now that we're older we've drifted. We pull apart, both of us grinning with excitement. Afterwards, I catch sight of the bedroom door that I'd left open.

"That was probably a little bit too loud." Elliot notices where I'm looking and cocks his head to see down the hall.

"Oh, is one of your conquests still here?" He checks his watch. "Thought you'd have kicked them out by now." He shoves my shoulder.

"No, no. Not at all. She's not exactly a conquest."

"Wow, really?" He returns, surprised. "We have a lot to catch up on then." He puts his hand on my shoulder. I bring him through into the kitchen, getting back to my drink.

"Yeah. I don't mean for this to be rude but why are you even here?"

"We've got to go shopping." He answers, nonchalantly.

"Shopping?" I say with a tone of disgust. "I hate shopping." He chortles at my response. "What are we even shopping for?"

"Wedding presents."

**

Elliot drags me into the third store of our trip. I've not liked a single second of it, the only thing that's made it an enjoyable experience is that Elliot is here with me. We look around the expensive shops, our eyes gliding over the glass cases of all the fancy jewellery and accessories.

"So are you excited for the wedding?" Elliot asks.

"Excited isn't the word I'd use." I answer with a light chuckle. I'm anticipating it, whether it's a good or bad anticipation – I can't quite figure out.

"Right. How's your Mom been?"

"She's okay. She seems to be looking forward to it." Elliot throws me a frown. "I don't know. I can't tell if it's a female thing? Or a scorned woman thing? Or just my Mom."

"Hmm, I wonder." He comments, sarcastically. I shake my head with a smile.

We continue browsing through the endless options of possible gifts. I have no idea what to get. I've tried my best not to speak to my Dad for years so I don't know what he likes. After another awful ten minutes, I pick out a nice enough watch. We switch over to the women's, trying to find something for the unlucky bride.