Chapter Nine : Good Friends

G O O D F R I E N D S

Thomas

I squint my eyes at the sun shining through one of the windows onto the couch that I found last night. Jesus Christ, my head is fucked. My whole body feels like it's pulsating with a violent throb. I adjust myself, glass bottles clattering to the floor.

Peering over, I'm surrounded by empty cups and other people dotted around the room, still passed out. I take a moment to rewind my mind through the blur of last night. I try to pinpoint each moment, placing them in the best timeline I can conjure up... oh shit.

God. That kiss. Wait – there was no kiss.

Holy shit, I wish there was. I can accurately recall the fact that I wanted to kiss her. There's a certain safety, giving me the confidence to say it seemed like she felt the same way. Until she ran off.

Too much alcohol. For the both of us. We were both pretty drunk at that point. And then that blonde girl...

**

I'm left alone after Isabelle flees from my touch. Eva and Violet are too busy dancing that they don't even notice. I freeze for a moment before snapping myself back into reality and moving out of where everyone is dancing.

God I fucking hate dancing.

I slump myself down on one of the couches, looking into the bottle of beer I just picked up. I don't even want to drink it. I try to block out what just happened but I can't. She's a prisoner in my mind. The way she looked, smelt, felt. I can't even stop myself but think about how her lips would've tasted.

I should've kissed her. God, why didn't I just kiss her?

My thoughts are interrupted when a short blonde girl sits down next to me. She lets out a frustrated huff. I glance sideways at her. She's a pretty girl, dyed blonde hair, big blue eyes and a round face hidden behind too much makeup. She looks to me, after catching my stare.

"Hey." I start and she gives me a short, polite smile. "Thomas."

"I know." It doesn't faze me that people know who I am. It's more rare that I meet someone who doesn't already know me.  "I'm Connie."

"Enjoying your night, Connie?"

"I don't know if I'd say that." She sighs and then she swivels around to face me.

"I'm going to have to agree with you." I offer her my beer, she seems like she needs it just as much as I do. She takes it off of me, having a sip and then passes it back.

"I'm jumping the gun a little here, I know. And you can say no - but do you want to... go somewhere?" She quizzes. I look at her and don't even take time to think of my answer.

"Yeah. I do." I leave my bottle on the side and she takes my hand leading me up the narrow stairs, through the house and into the first free bedroom we can find.

I won't lie, ten minutes ago I was so turned on that I think I need to have sex with someone before I explode.

Closing the door behind us, she presses herself against it, bringing me against her. She hooks my neck down and I kiss her. Her lips are soft but short and fast against mine. My hands find the dip of her waist, my fingers pressing through her dress.

I lean my head back to kiss down her neck when I catch sight of her dark hair. Dark hair?

Double taking – all I can see is Isabelle. Her sparkly brown eyes gazing up at me, her lips full and glossy. Her dark hair just meeting her collarbones as she lusts at me through a set of long eyelashes.

For What It's Worthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें