Chapter Seven : What Goes Around

W H A T G O E S A R O U N D

Isabelle

I come out of the salon after a long but fun shift. This job has been a saving grace, there's nothing better than getting paid for doing something you enjoy with people you like. Eva and Violet are great. They're so funny and have been so welcoming. We all get on like a house on fire, despite only knowing each other for just about a week.

Getting back to the apartment, I walk around in the quietness before spotting a shirtless Thomas sat on the balcony. It's golden hour, the sun casting a glow over his godly body. He looks kind of like an angel. Shut up Isabelle. Don't be stupid.

He's talking to someone on the phone so I don't bother going out to tell him I'm back. My movement must've caught his attention because he lifts his head up. Briefly, I hold my hand up giving him a little wave. He smiles shortly then returns to his phone call.

It's been a few days and in those days we haven't seen much of each other. There's been the occasional small talk when I'm making food or when we're eating it. Other than that our main form of communication has been shared glances or silence. But it's not an awkward silence. Not like last time. We just don't have much to say to each other.

**

After a quick shower, I go back into my room. I drop my wet towel on the edge of my bed and stand in front of the mirror on my desk, looking at my body. The bruises on my side have completely faded and the ones on my arm are still there but they're barely noticeable now.

Other than that, I quite like the way that I look. Obviously I have insecurities, everyone does. But for the most part I am happy with my body. I am a slim girl. I hate my shoulders, they look bony and thin. I hate the paleness of skin but since being here, I've spent a lot of time out on the balcony, reading, which has given me more of a sun kissed tan.

I have boobs that are perky, round but on the smaller side, complimented by a toning line down my stomach. I've been told that my ass is nice. It's not  big but it has a flattering round shape.

"Isabelle?" Thomas questions out in the hall.

"Yeah?" For some reason he takes that as a literal invitation and begins to open the door. "Wait!" I shout out but almost immediately he comes in.

I let out a squeal, reaching for my towel to conceal my nakedness from him.

"Oh shit." He leaves faster than he came in which should be impossible. He's gone so quickly, I don't even have chance to see the look on his face. "I'm sorry." His voice is muffled through the door.

"Can you knock next time?" I almost laugh. I'm not embarrassed. I have no issue with being naked or being seen naked. I'm only this flustered because it was so unexpected.

"Yeah. I'm sorry." I jump into a lace thong and baggy jeans. "I didn't see any-."

"What do you want?" I cut him off, throwing an oversized graphic t-shirt on. I don't bother with a bra, it's not like I really need one.

"I was wondering if you could cut my hair for me?"

"Yeah, can you give me five minutes?" I scrunch the towel up in my hair, patting it dry.

"Sure." I hear his footsteps recede and I let out a stressed out chuckle to myself. Jesus.

I enter the living room where he's sat on the couch, patiently waiting. He has clippers and a pair of scissors on the coffee table in front of him. Silently, I get past him, going into the kitchen. I haul one of the island stools out in front of the mirror for him to sit on.