Chapter Twenty Four: Feelings Taking Flight

F E E L I N G S   T A K I N G   F L I G H T

Isabelle

I wake up to yet another morning where Thomas is not beside me. It seems like we never get the chance to start our days off by hanging out in bed together. And we definitely won't now that he's going away for the week.

It makes me feel weird thinking about it. I'm going to miss him, more than I want to admit. Don't get me wrong, the independence will be a refreshing change but it's going to suck that he's not going to be around.

I fling myself out of bed, throwing on the hoodie he gave me to wear and I head on out. I find him in his bedroom, kneeling down in front of a suitcase that he's hastily chucking everything into.

"Trust you to leave all your packing to the last minute." I lean against the door frame, crossing my arms. He lets out a laugh that cracks with a panic. I step forward to help because he's clearly stressing out. "Do you want a hand?"

"Could you make some breakfast so I can eat it as soon as possible?" He lifts his head giving me a quick peck.

"Yeah sure." I leave the room, bolting straight to the kitchen. I cook up some eggs and toast, making his protein shake for him. I call to him when it's ready.

Soon enough, he comes through and scoffs his food down before I have chance to get halfway through mine. With no time left to talk, he rushes out again, re-visiting his suitcase. I clear up after him when he wheels his luggage through and finds me again.

"Right. I think I'm going to head off now otherwise I could be late." I scrunch my nose up. Now that he's stood in front of me, his brown hair still a mess and his green eyes sparkly behind the bags, I don't really want him to go.

He loops his arms around my waist, tugging me in for a kiss goodbye. His lips are soft and freshly lined with a slither of mint from our toothpaste. I walk myself back until I'm stuck in between his hard body and the counter.

His hands lift me at my sides, propping me onto the surface. I tighten my arms around the back of his shoulders, my legs hanging from his hips. His fingers dig into me as our kisses grow achingly desperate.

He tears his lips away, burying his face into the crook of my shoulder, peppering my neck with kisses.

"You'll miss your flight." I state with a breathy sigh.

"I can get another one." He returns, meeting my mouth once again. Despite every part of me screaming not to, I pull away. "If you want me to stay, I won't go."

Stay. Don't go.

"No, no. I want you to go." My hands land on his chest, the warmth of him radiating through his shirt.

"Oh thanks! Don't be too keen on getting rid of me." He exclaims sarcastically.

"You know what I mean." I back hand his shoulder, playfully. "You should go."

"Are you sure?"

No. I'm absolutely definitely not sure.

I answer him with a slow peck and then draw back, studying every square inch of his face like I'm never going to see him again. He should go. He's spent too long debating about it to not go now.

"Go. Get out of here before I change my mind." I hop off the counter, forcing myself to disconnect from him. I give him a head start with a gentle push. I follow him out as he rolls his suitcase out to the door.

"I'll be back in a week." He lets out a deep breath, stepping out of the apartment.

"Okay. Have a nice time." With that he closes the door.