1.

There r a lot of misspelled words thru out this book I have realized I apologize😬👍🏻

I walked through the halls of the crowded school. The bell rang so people started pushing and shoving their way to classrooms making it easier to walk. I heard a thud behind me, turning around and saw someone on the ground. My instinct is to stop and help as I did.

"Hey are you okay" I reached my hand out. I waited for a response. Nothing. They got back up and walked past me like it was nothing. I sighed at their actions and headed off to my class.

I sat in the far left corner of the classroom. That's where me and my friends sit in the class room. Scott is always sitting in front of me. Rose is next to me and then Megan sits diagonally from me.

"Have you seen that freak" I heard Scott tell rose.

"Yes the one people said that is lesbian" Rose exclaimed.

"The dike" Megan joined in.

I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing. I put my legs on the table to get more comfortable.

"Guys those are probably just rumors you can't take anything seriously here. She is a human being and people shouldn't act differently based on what others think. She has feelings too and she has ears so she can hear everything you guys are saying." I continued to draw as I said that. I didn't even look away from the book. It's easy for me to say things like that.

People say I have an open mind most of the time. I don't mind it but it gets annoying. I scribbled a few more things in the book as the teacher got up from his chair and walked to the front of the classroom.

"I will be partnering everyone up. We are going to be working on a project" Mr. H said. He started giving people partners.

"Skyler you're with Billie" I looked past rose and at my partner. She didn't move an inch. Well, not even a centimeter. "Hey" No answer. If she's not to say anything I might as well do this whole project by myself. I sighed and the class continued.

"You got paired up with the freak man" Scott told me. He whispered like it was a bad thing.

"She is not a freak guys. She is a person leave her be" I fought back. I looked back at him, he looked at me with almost a disgusted look. Don't get me wrong or anything but my friends always judge someone by their looks or rumors they heard.

The bell rang. Thank god. I waited for almost everyone to leave and I walked over to Billie.

"Hey what's your phone number so we can talk," I asked. She didn't say anything and moved past me to walked out. Great.

"Hey, can I have a new partner" I turned around to face him.

"I put you two together for a reason you know. You are a nice, open-minded person so I think it would be a good thing if I partnered you two up. She is quiet and shy. I've seen she doesn't talk to anyone so maybe you could be friends with her." He said. His voice was very convincing.

"Okay, ill do it," I replied. I walked out of the class.

Two days later she came up to me. I was shocked.

"Here is the number. Text me later" Billie handed me a piece of paper and looked down. It was silent.

"Thanks" I grabbed it and put it in my pocket. She walked away and Megan, Rose, and Scott walked up to me.

"Did she talk to you? Gross" rose addressed. I turned around and looked at them.

"You guys are ridiculous" I shook my head walking past them. They are annoying sometimes, well not sometimes but most of the time. At this point, I don't even know why I hang out with them anymore. I sighed and headed to lunch.

~~~~~

"So what do you want to do in this" Billie looked up at me. This was the first time I really got to see her eyes. They were blue like the ocean. Ocean eyes.

"Um. They said we are doing it about relationships" I shrugged. She doesn't look amused with this.

"You don't want to do this," I say. I put my head on my hands. I was ready for her to start complaining.

"That's true" She sighed while looking at me. We made eye contact and soon she looked back down.

"Tell me about you," I said. She looked back up. She had a confused expression spread across her face but I saw her smile a little bit.

"Well, I live here in LA, with my parents and brother." She said. I nodded. She didn't seem like she wanted to talk about herself.

"Can I ask you why you are always quiet" I looked at her dead in the face. I think I made her a little nervous so I soften my facial expression.

"Well, no one talks to me. They all calm me freaks, dike. I am a lesbian though so they are right about that. So why should I talk to people that talk about me behind my back? Like you did with me, to mr. h." She examined my face. I felt guilt settle in.

"I'm sorry" I looked down at the empty notebook sitting in front of me. I feel like a dumbass.

"You are just like the rest of them" She sighed and started writing on her paper.

"I don't want to be like the rest of them though" I blurt out. I put my hands on my face. I heard her little chuckle. I lifted my head to look at her.

"Then show me Skyler" She had a straight face. No expression.

"How am I supposed to do that" I questioned.

"Figure it out" she started writing in her notebook. I sighed and started writing things down. I noticed she stopped so I looked up.

"What" I questioned. She looked down at her notebook and continued. She chucked once again while I shook my head.

~~~~~

"So" she looked at me. I'm sitting in my sister's room. She is my older sister. I can trust her for anything.

"Maddie, stop" I shot a reply back.

"Sis chill" She put her hands up in defense.

"Don't suspect anything between me and her she is here for a project" I protested.

"But she is the lesbian" She shot back.

"Okay and? It doesn't make her different from everyone else Maddie" I swear people need to accept others. I'm straight but people need to accept others.

"You know you're defending her sis" she raised her eyes brows.

"So? That doesn't mean anything" I am getting mad. One girl is over for a project and I get lectures by my sister about supposedly liking her.

"See." She put her hand out and moved it to me. That's her way of pointing sometimes. I shook my head in annoyance and walked out.

"Hey mom" I walked into the kitchen. She is cooking food.

"Hey sweetie" she gave me a pleasant smile. I walked over and stood beside her.

"Need any help," I asked. She pointed to the vegetables on the counter.

" Can you cut those up for me?"

"Yes of course"

"Wash your hands first" she chuckled.

"I will"

____________

First chapter y'all!! If you made it to the end let me know by voting!!!