Chapter 18 Family Reunion

Start from the beginning

'You!' gasped the boy.

Tom had heard the boy speak many times over the last few months but he could not see through the turban no matter how much he wished he could. This was the first time that Tom had been alone with his dead ex-lover's only son. Oh how he hated the boy who Tom was sure was the reason for the end of the one good thing that had ever happened to Tom in the whole of Tom's life of misery and hardship.

'Me. I wondered whether I'd be meeting you here, Potter!' Quirrell said.

Already Quirrell was annoying Tom. Tom knew that technically the boy was a Potter despite his illegitimacy which had never mattered in the Wizarding World but Tom didn't want to think of the bastard as a Potter. To Tom the name Potter would always bring in mind sparkling hazel eyes, a handsome cocky grin and after James had gone missing to resurface as married (at least in the Muggle world) an ache in his heart which only one person had managed to reach and enter who was now dead.

'But I thought – Snape …' stuttered the boy stupidly.

As much as the boy was said to have looked like his traitorous husband this proved that it was clear that Harry Potter had not inherited any of his father's intelligence and wit. Not that his husband-stealing mother was unintelligent Tom had to admit with anger. This brat was not like either of his parents which made Tom hate him no less.

'Severus?' laughed Quirrell. 'Yes, Severus does seem the type, doesn't he? So useful to have him swooping around like an overgrown bat. Next to him, who would suspect p-p-poor st-stuttering P-Professor Quirrell?'

'But Snape tried to kill me!' the brat said.

Tom knew that Snape treated the boy unfairly but was the boy really so arrogant to believe that everyone who hated him wanted to kill him? James had been cocky when he first met the young man but not to this level. Tom really wanted to knock some sense into the brat James had spawned.

'No, no, no. I tried to kill you,' Quirrell said exasperatedly at the fact someone else was getting recognition for going against the Dark Lord's wishes which he would deal with later. 'Your friend Miss Granger accidentally knocked me over as she rushed to set fire to Snape at the Quidditch match,' that had amused Tom to no end who was sure Severus was furious he couldn't find the perpetrator of this prank. 'She broke my eye contact with you. Another few seconds and I'd have got you off the broom. I'd have managed it before then if Snape hadn't been muttering a countercurse, trying to save you!' Quirrell said.