Part 36

Being home was fucking hard. I tried to spend as much time as I could with Ava, but I thought it would seem suspicious if I spent all of my time there. But I literally felt sick anytime I was around Katie.
I had gone to Ava's after my therapy session with Heidi. During my session I did everything I could to avoid talking about April, and mostly focused on Ava. And how I just wanted to get back together with her.
I wound up getting back to my house at around 11 PM. And when I walked in, Katie and Kylie were sitting on the living room couch together watching The Devil Wears Prada. And just seeing Katie sitting on the couch in her silk pajamas with a bowl of popcorn in front of her had me feeling positively ill. I would've sat down with her and watched the movie with her before I knew about everything. But now I just wanted to punch her in the face. Harder than I punched Kelsey. And just seeing her next to Kylie had me fucked up on the inside as well. Would she do to Kylie what she did to April?
"Hey." Katie turned and smiled at me as I walked in, "Come watch the rest of the movie with us."
I felt this need to watch over Kylie, so I nodded and took a seat on the couch next to Kylie. Katie was on the adjacent couch from us.
"Want some popcorn?" Kylie asked me, holding out her bowl of buttered popcorn.
"I'm good, thanks." I said. Since finding out about Katie, I barely had any appetite.
I watched the remaining half hour with them, and the whole time I was seething, thinking about how April could've been here with us. But because of Katie, she wasn't.
"We should do this more, have movie nights this summer before you go off to college, Ky." Katie said after the movie ended.
Not if you go to jail, bitch.
"That sounds great. What should the next movie be?" Kylie said.
"I say we watch the movie 'Step Up'. Channing Tatum is just dreamy in that." Kylie said.
"How about we just watch Magic Mike then?" Kylie laughed.
"I don't think Josephine would be too much of a fan of that." Katie grinned at me.
"I'll watch whatever you guys want." I said.
"Okay, deal. Magic Mike it is." Katie said, and then she turned to me, "Were you at Ava's?"
"I was."
"Are you and her officially back together?" Katie asked me.
"We're just hanging out." I said. "But hopefully we will be."
I didn't want to give Katie anything. I didn't want to give her expression in my voice. Information about me. I then slightly faked a yawn. "I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed." I said, and got up.
"Goodnight." Kylie smiled at me.
"Night, Josephine." Katie said, looking at me getting up.
I went upstairs and into my room to change into silk shorts and a t shirt. It was a hot night in June, and I needed to get out of my uncomfortable jean shorts. I was feeling on edge, and just wanted to lay down in my bed and shut out my family.
After getting into my pajamas I went across the hall into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. And right when I opened the door to the bathroom, Katie was standing there. I felt my veins go icy.
"Oh, hi. Sorry if you were waiting to use the bathroom." I said.
"I'm good." Katie said. She was just standing there. And I was feeling creeped out right now by my own sister. I didn't know if she was intentionally doing it, but just knowing what she was capable of had me completely on edge.
"Okay. Goodnight." I said, and started to move past her, but she moved slightly in front of me.
"Are you good? You seem off." she said to me. She was looking right into my eyes.
"Yes, I'm good. I'm just tired. Therapy drains me." I lied.
"Okay. Good. Just making sure." Katie said. And she had a look in her eyes that I hadn't seen before, ever. Like she was analyzing me. Trying to read me from the inside out.
And it gave me the chills. I walked past her, and caught a glimpse of her looking at me still when I walked into my room, so I locked my door.
Once again, I had no idea if it was all in my head because of what I knew. But I couldn't shake the scared feeling I had.
So I texted Ava. I told her I was feeling creeped the fuck out in my own house. I couldn't take being there with Katie.
So she texted me to come over.
I texted her back:
Right now?
She texted me:
Yes. I want you feeling safe- so come over.
I took a deep breath before leaving my room. I decided to just drive to Ava's in my pajamas. I didn't care.
I opened my door slightly and made sure Katie wasn't there in the hall. When I looked at her room, I saw light from under the door and heard music playing softly. So I scurried past, hoping she wouldn't hear me.
I was relieved when I got in my car. I drove off right away. I didn't even bother texting anyone where I was- I assumed they would know I was at Ava's.
When I got to Ava's house, we went to the usual spot- up to her room.
"I feel like it's all in your head." Ava said. We were laying in bed next to each other.
"I don't know. I know a lot of it must be in my head. But the look in her eyes...I can't shake it. It was like she was studying me. I don't even know how to describe it." I said.
"Well I just want you to relax right now." Ava said, "You're not at your house anymore. You're here with me."
"I'm having a hard time relaxing. I just feel so on edge." I said.
"I can think of a way to help you." Ava said, with hint of playfulness in her voice.
Was she insinuating what I thought she was insinuating?
And when she got on top of me, that's when I knew that was exactly what she was insinuating.
She started kissing my neck, "Just relax." she said softly.
And then the kisses trailed down lower and lower. Soon, we were both in our bras. She then pulled off my silk shorts, and hovered her mouth over my underwear.
I wanted her. Bad. And usually I liked to be the one in control, making her feel good. But tonight, I was more than happy to receive.
Ava moved my lace underwear to the side with her teeth, and grabbed my inner thighs. She then lowered herself until her mouth and tongue was exactly where it needed to be.
She started off light, and then got more and more aggressive.
I grabbed at her hair as I felt myself about about to cum.
"Fuck." I moaned, and then felt myself release.
After I was done, she pulled herself up and kissed me.
"Well, I definitely feel more relaxed now." I said to her.
"Good. That was the goal." she said, and leaned down to give me a kiss.
"I love you." I said to her.
"I love you too, Josephine." she said, and laid down next to me.
And in that moment everything felt right. Laying there next to Ava. But in the back of my mind I knew, everything was entirely wrong.

A/N: I have started a new story, "Without You" - it's a spin off of my first story "What We Could Never Be" - I'd love it if you checked it out!