Close Yet Very Far

Heyyyy Peeps!

Back with another chapter! Thank you for such an amazing response! Keep pouring in love the same way!

Sorry for the delay. I struggled a bit while writing this chapter. I hope you like it. 

Votes:45

Happyyyy Reading!

When Naira was outside the ICU and she found Manish and two other people outside ICU.

She felt that she saw the man somewhere but couldn't recognize him, whereas the young girl standing beside him looked at Naira with so much hatred, jealousy, and anger.

Naira didn't understand why that lady was looking at her like that! But Naira chooses to ignore that lady and go meet Kartik first.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Manish saw Naira sitting in a wheelchair and approaching them, his heart sank seeing her in such a condition. 

The nurse tells Naira to wait for a few minutes as they were giving some injections to him. 

Seeing Naira wait outside, Manish goes to Naira and caressed her head. He was equally worried for Naira as he was for Kartik. 

Manish:(concern) Kaise ho beta? 

Naira: Mein theek hun uncle, par Kartik....( Her eyes get teary)

Manish sighs heavily with sadness but doesn't answer Naira. 

Seeing Manish do that Naira feels even more guilty. 

Naira: (sadly)Uncle I am a very sorry uncle. Meri wajah se Kartik ka yeh haal hai! I was the one who had to be in that place.

Manish: It was an accident Naira and no one is to be blamed here okay! You shouldn't feel guilty at all. 

Naira: No uncle! The car was about to hit...

Their conversation was interrupted by a Nurse. 

She told that only one person can meet Kartik. 

Naira was looking at Manish with pleading eyes. 

Manish understood that Naira wanted to meet Kartik and he didn't have a problem with it. 

He told to the Nurse that Naira will meet Kartik. 

Naira mouthed Manish ' Thank you, uncle'. 

The other two people standing there weren't happy with it. 

The young lady there was shooting daggers on Naira and as usual, it didn't give Naira a damn. 

Ignoring the other two people royally, Naira was taken inside the ICU by the Nurse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naira's POV 

When I entered the ICU, My vision blurred, looking at the person in front of me who was lying lifelessly. I couldn't control my tears at all. My guilt was eating me up from within. 

I found my Mendak lying on the bed unconsciously and machines were attached to his body. There was a white bandage tied to his head which had bloodstains on it. 

The Nurse took me near to his bed and told me that he can listen to whatever I speak but will not reply until and unless it triggers him. 

The Nurse left the room soon after she gave him an injection and left both of us alone.