Little did I know, what he said was true. He will never see me walk down the aisle with him by my side. He will never meet my grandchildren. But mostly he will never dance with me while I'm wearing this dress that I have on. He will never see me in any dress.

I wiped all the fallen tears from my face and looked at myself in the mirror.

The dress that I'm wearing is beautiful and I love it. It hugs my curse perfectly. Axel has really good taste.

ISABELLA'S DRESS

Today is the Ball and I just finished getting ready

Today is the Ball and I just finished getting ready. Axel is in the other room getting ready. I told him to stay away from this room and if he dares to come in, I will beat his ass.

I took a deep breath and wiped the rest of my tears away when the door opens up. Through the mirror, I saw Axel coming in. His eyes widened when he saw me through the mirror.''Dios mío'' was the only thing he said before he closed the door and walked towards me from behind.

He placed his hands on my waist and kissed my bare shoulder. ''You look breathtaking,'' he whispered into my ear making me smile.

''Thank you. You don't look bad yourself,'' I complimented him and a smirk grew on his face. He had a black tuxedo on.

AXEL'S OUTFIT

 He lifted his head and stared at me through the mirror

He lifted his head and stared at me through the mirror. He furrowed his brows and turned me around. ''Did you cry?'' he cupped my face and stared into my eyes.

''Why did you cry?'' he asked worriedly.

''It's nothing. I just remembered something that my Dad said to me when I was eight,'' I explained and he titled his head to the side.

''Do you wanna talk about it?'' he asked while I sighed.

''I told him that when I grow up I would dance with him like a princess and his father. I also told him that I would wear a beautiful dress like this one,'' I said and looked down at my dress.

''I never danced with anyone. I always wanted to share my first dance with my Dad but since he isn't here it will be hard for me to dance tonight,'' I explained. He placed his forehead on mine and took a deep breath.

''But I will try,'' I assured with a smile while looking at him because I knew he was looking forward to dancing with me tonight.

''You don't have to, Bella,'' he said and opened his eyes. He pulled away and kissed my forehead.

''But I do,'' I whispered and gave him a little smile. He nodded and pecked my lips. ''I have something for you,'' he said and my brows furrowed. He let go of my face and grabbed something from behind. He pulled out a black velvet box. He opened it up and there was a beautiful gold necklaces with a lock and a key on it. My eyes widened and I shook my head.

''I can't take this, Axel. It's too much,'' I said and he chuckled. ''But I want you to have it,'' he said and took it out of the box. ''Turn around,'' he commanded and I did while I moved my hair out of the way.

He placed the necklace around my neck and I stared at it while he put it on. ''It's beautiful,'' I whispered and looked down at it and lifted it up into my finger. I saw the lock had a letter engraved on it.

'A'

I smiled and turned around. ''What do the lock and the key mean?'' I asked curiously.

He smiled and moved his hands to the lock. ''The lock is a heart,'' he moved his finger to the key. ''The key is the key to open and close the lock,'' he explained.

I furrowed my brows in confusion. He smirked. ''The lock is my heart and the key is the key to open it up and close it. That's why the 'A' is engraved on the lock,'' he explained and I smiled.

''You have the key to my heart. My heart is yours, Isabella,'' he whispered and stared right at me.

''You owned it since that day that I met you,'' he continued and my eyesight blurred. I felt the first tears running down my cheek.

''I love you, Isabella,'' he whispered

He wiped away my tears with a smile on his face.

I couldn't say anything. It was like I forgot how to speak. I didn't even know what to say so I did what came first into my mind and that was to kiss him.

I placed my lips onto his and moved them in sync with his. I moved my hands to his neck and pulled him closer to me. He did the same by pulling me closer by my waist.

He has no idea what he is doing to me. I knew he wasn't an angel and that he did things that he might regret to this day but I got the chance to meet the other Axel. The Axel who is loving and caring. The Axel who showed me his soft and vulnerable side.

He showed me what it means to feel loved again and not worthless. He showed me the love that I needed. He showed me what love means.

I never knew what love means. I always thought it something that would happen in movies or books. I never thought I could experience that. But Axel changed that.

I will never know how to thank him for that but what I do know is that...

I love him.

And I want him to know that.

I pulled away from the kiss and stared up at him. He opened his beautiful eyes and looked at me.

I smiled at him while my tears still ran down my cheek.

''I love you too, Axel,'' I whispered and his eyes grew wide. ''What?'' he asked and I giggled. ''I love you,'' I reiterated my words again.

''Say that again,'' he commended and I did. ''I love you, Axel,'' he crushed his lips onto mine and kissed me passionately.

This.

This kiss right here wasn't just a kiss. It was a kiss of love.

After a few more minutes he pulled away and placed his forehead on mine. ''Now you're stuck with me forever,'' he whispered with a smirk and I giggled. "I wouldn't want anything else," I said with a smile.

''I love you,''

''I love you too,''

Vote & Comment🖤