|𝟎𝟎𝟒.|

--------
Runaway - AURORA

--------❦Runaway - AURORA❦

-------

"ISABELLA, stop daydreaming and focus yourself on your moves. I don't want you to fall on the ice," Mrs. Brown exclaimed. I sighed and tried to focus on my moves.

'Runaway' by AURORA was playing while I did an edge jump and then a triple toe jump.

"Try a Biellmann spin, Bella," the Coach exclaimed. I took a deep breath and started to spin. I extended my arms behind me and lifted my left foot. I grabbed my foot and continued spinning.

I let go of my foot and skated a little bit further and did a toe jump.

"That's it for today, Bella. You did a great job," Mrs. Brown exclaimed while holding her thumbs up. I saw her leave the Ice rink so I continued to skate. My class starts at 8:30 am so I still have 45 minutes.

I took my AirPods out and listened to Arcade by Ducan Laurence

Skating calms me down. It helps me to focus on my mind and thoughts. I've been doing figure skating since I was six years old. When I was four I started doing Ballerina dance and after that, I started figure skating.

My dream was always to attend the Olympics for Figure Skating. I knew I needed a lot of practice and faith. And in a few months, I will apply for the Nationals. That's a step closer to the Olympics. I'm so excited and also very scared because I wanna make my mother proud. And if I win the match I will get money. I will help my mother out and give her the money so that she can look out for my brother since I won't be here. I will be off for College.

I will try and get a scholarship but that's easy said than done. I wanna apply to Princeton University because they have an Ice rink for Figure skaters. And I still wanna pursue my dream while studying Business.

I took a deep breath and focused on the ice and my feet. I did a few spins and a few toes jumps.

Figure Skating will always remind me of my Dad.

He was the one who brought me to my first lesson when I was six. He was the one who told me to never give up when I fell and told myself I couldn't do it. He was the one who cheered for me on the first match that I won. He was the one who told me what life means and what it brings you.

And now that I don't have him anymore I feel like I lost a part of myself that I will never get back. He was my hero.

I didn't notice that I was crying until now. I felt hot tears running down my face. I wiped them away and looked at my watch.

8:10 am

I skated to the exit of the rink and sat on the little bench. I took off my skates and put on my shoes. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the skating rink.