since we were 18 (1)

This was a collab with the one and only niniukegirl!! Eighteenth birthday, eighteen surprises. I did say there'd be eventual fluff, so here it is!!! It's also in her oneshots too, so be sure to check that out!!!

-----

Today was a regular day on set for Olivia...or so she assumed. She parked her car in her normal spot and began to make her way to her trailer. She thought that it was unusually quiet today, as the sounds of Tim yelling for scenes to start and the busy bustle of her castmates couldn't be heard. And, what happened to Josh's music? But most importantly, why wasn't he late? Josh was never known to be punctual, always coming in at least an hour after the set time since he was most likely picking up coffee, running errands, or just oversleeping. Olivia walked up the stairs to unlock her door; she turned on the light and screamed.

"SURPRISE!" her castmates and the crew yelled, jumping out from behind the sofa. "HAPPY 18TH, LIV!"

She thanked them all profusely, but her eyes searched for a particular curly-headed boy.  After blowing out the candles on her cake, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and a familiar voice whispering in her ear. "Hey, sorry I'm late but I sort of have a surprise for you. Come with me." Josh pulled her hand guiding her into his car; putting a blindfold over her eyes.

"They don't know that we put a camera thing on Josh's sweatshirt to watch it later and make it into a home video when they have kids, right?" Frankie whispered.

"He doesn't," Tim answered. "And why are you whispering, it's not like they're going to overhear us or something!" 

"You're not going to murder me, are you?" Liv questioned, a hint of suspicion in her tone. "Because you know I can karate-chop you."

"I'd probably rather kill myself than murder you...so..."

"I've got you whipped, Bassett," she teased. "That you do," he replied, bending over to press a kiss on her cheek. After a few minutes of driving, Josh pulls up to a familiar place; Liv is unaware, of course.

"Can I get two Veggie Burgers, two strawberry milkshakes, and one Jello cup, please?"

"Your order shall be ready in ten minutes," the server said in a halting British accent. "Hold my mustard--are you two Joshua Bassett and Olivia Rodrigo from that Disney show? My siblings love you, can I have a picture?"

"Of course!" Liv replied, taking off her blindfold.

They held up their classic double peace signs before grabbing their food and heading back to the car. "Okay, you've gotta put this back on," Josh said, putting the blindfold over her eyes once again.

'What? Can I at least have my In-N-Out?" she whined. 

"Absolutely not. Besides, you're gonna wanna save it for later, trust me," he answered, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Please, the last time I trusted you, we almost got arrested for trespassing had Frankie and Sofia not saved our asses."

"To be fair I didn't realize it was private property!" he replied, holding two hands up in defense.

"Hands on the wheel Basset, I don't feel like dying on my birthday. I want to live out my adulthood before I get sucked into the darkness of death."

"Fine, grumpy-pants," he sighed. "And mademoiselle, we are here!"

Olivia removed the blindfold; squinting as the sun pierced her eyes that were previously adjusted to the dark. "Where are - Woah."

"Santa Monica Pier, the one and the same, sweetheart."

"Screw the food, I'm going to the ocean," she said eagerly.

"Don't you think you're forgetting something?"

She ran back kissing him on the lips before running towards the water.

"No, not that, I was gonna give you the bathing suit that I packed for you but I'm not saying I'll reject your kiss either."

Liv huffed in annoyance but nevertheless took it from Josh. "Thank you, Joshy. Wait...YOU BROUGHT ME A BIKINI?!?"

He smirked at her realization.  "What?" he replied innocently.

"I-YOU LITTLE-UGH I HATE YOU!"

"I beg to differ, you always tell me that you love me," he grinned.

"Yeah well now I'm rethinking everything," she looked away for a little, pretending to be angry.

"Wait, I don't want our relationship to end over a bikini."

"I mean,  it's not like you said no to going upstate with me and then ended up cheating on me with a reincarnation of my deceased sister in a red dress," she shrugged. "And you certainly didn't publish a whole book detailing the affair...did you? Or have your firstborn son dead and then die twenty years later in a duel with your ex-best friend, right?"

"What are you - never mind, I don't really wanna know," he concluded.

"You really don't," Liv shook her head. She reluctantly changed into the two-piece and rushed down to the ocean. "Last one in pays for ice cream!"

Josh chuckled. Surely she didn't mean that...right?

"Hold up!" he yelled, throwing off his shirt on a nearby beach chair and rushing down to join her.

Josh chuckled. Surely she didn't mean that...right?

"Hold up!" he yelled, throwing off his shirt on a nearby beach chair and rushing down to join her. "You still lost, Bassett," she said pointedly, booping his nose.

The afternoon had begun to turn slightly chilly as it was still February, so he took out a cardigan and wrapped it around Liv's small body.

"Thanks," she responded with a small smile.

Liv rested her head on his shoulder as they both began to eat their food; watching the waves crash onto the sand.

"I wish it could stay like this forever," Liv said, breaking the silence. "Just you, me, maybe some kids, a golden retriever, and the calm."

"Me too, Livvy. Me too."

----

AHHH THIS WAS A BLAST TO WRITE!!!! Stay tuned for more coming soon!! I had a wonderful time writing with you, Z, and I can't wait for more...even though neither of us knew what they served on the In-N-Out menu.

Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep dreaming.

-V