fairytale proposal (2)

If you don't want to cry, don't watch the video above.

—————

Olivia's POV

Today, I was going to be married to the love of my life.

I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror.

Then, I heard a knock at my door. I listened closer and grinned as I saw that it was our special code.

I opened the door a peek. Josh was standing there.

"I know it's bad luck to see the bride before her wedding, but I just wanted to give you this."

He slipped a small note into my hand and a rose.

I pressed a hand to my heart. "Thank you!" I exclaimed.

He gave me one of his award-winning smiles and kissed my forehead before leaving.

I smiled and closed the door. Two hours, two hours until I would become Mrs. Olivia Bassett.

I opened the note.

Dear Livvy,

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. If there's anyone I want to go through life with my ups and downs, it's surely you.
I don't want to lose you again, because I've already fallen too hard in love with you. So I hope this little note serves well as a pre-wedding memento.

I hope this completes your "something blue."

Love,

Your future husband (hopefully) in two hours, Joshy.

I grinned and opened the other layer of the note. Inside, there was a small blue hair ribbon.

I tied it into my hair and then heard another knock on my door. My mom came in, her outfit looking radiant.

"Oh, honey, you look beautiful!" she exclaimed, tears brimming in the corners of her eyes.

"Aww, thanks, mom," I said, hugging her.

"I can't believe my little girl's getting married!" she said.

Josh's sisters burst in afterward, then Madi, and then the surprise guest.

It was my Lola.

My jaw dropped to the ground. She wheeled herself inside my room.

"Oh, my little Olivia's growing up so fast," she said, cupping my face and giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Lola!" I exclaimed, hugging her. Tears splashed down her cheeks and mine.

"I couldn't miss my only granddaughter's wedding," she said with a twinkle in her eye.  "I also came to give you this."

She held out an old jade necklace, and I gasped. It was one I'd admired on her shelf whenever we came to visit for many years. I remember it also used to be Mom's, then Lola's mom, and a bunch of people before that.

"Thank you so much!" I hugged her.

"Something new," Madi smiled, handing me the bag. I dumped out the contents on my vanity and saw that it was a wedding veil. Light flowers dotted the rows.

"I took up an embroidery class," she said. "Hopefully it doesn't look too terrible."

"Far from it," I beamed.

"We have your something borrowed!" Claire and Hannah gave me a small box, and I lifted the lid to find a small pair of pearl earrings.

"Wow, thank you all so, so, much," I said, my eyes misty. "Come 'ere."