it's all for the business

Plot: Told from Olivia, Joshua, and Sabrina's POV of what it's like to date a songwriter.

I got this idea during choir, which is totally random. I did hate it, but I hope you enjoy this chapter more than I like choir!!!

By "it," I mean being stuck in the back of the school choir between two Karens.

Olivia

Dating a songwriter.

Well, we don't tell each other our feelings directly. We only do it through song lyrics.

The fans will speculate and try to decode the enigma and the story behind them.

It's actually kind of sweet and romantic. You know how in the olden days, when people's significant others were at war or overseas and they'd send love letters or poems? This is kind of like that.

We get to channel our feelings into song lyrics, barf up all of the emotions deep inside onto the keyboard. I know my dad types when he's mad, and I play piano keys when I'm mad.

Joshua

I don't know what to say about this.

I guess it's...fun? Yeah, you get to write songs with hidden meanings, just for that special person.

Drama just comes with the territory when fans try to see what the lyrics mean, what message they contain.

Sabrina

It has its challenges.

If a current boyfriend's ex writes a song about you and him, people will want to slit your throat. Hah, you learn something new every day!

Yeah, I'll just stick to that confusing Greek family tree even I don't understand.

A short and slightly weird chapter for your Saturday evening.

If you understand the last reference, you're amazing.

Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep dreaming.