Chapter - 23

[🚨This chapter contains nudity and 18+ matured scenes. Please skip the last part if you feel uncomfortable🚨]

Words: 4288

  "What do you mean you couldn't find him anywhere?" Taejoo was angry. So angry  that he forgot he was screaming louder than his body's tolerance. The side of his chest hurt when he stomped his feet on the hard floor and rose from his throne. 

  Never in his life he had to face this much disgrace because of someone. He was the one always winning. Everybody feared him. Nobody dared to challenge him. But that blue eyed alpha, who not only had brought grievous trouble upon his peaceful reign, but also had fearlessly ruffled his ego.

  But that was not what had made him angry right at that moment. 

  It was already midnight and the bodyguard of his son was telling him that he had been missing for hours. This just made his blood boil to extremes. 

  "I searched for him everywhere. He is not here in the palace." Seokjin lowered his gaze to his feet. He was scared more than worried. If the situation were different, he would just let it ease like another venture of his unyielding prince, and the prince would return back anytime soon. Now that things have become so complicated, he was scared Taehyung might never return.

  "So you are telling me he ran away again?" Taejoo shouted, "How could you let this happen? You were supposed to keep an eye on him."

  "I am sorry, your majesty." Seokjin's voice shook when he spoke, ears flushed red, matching his face. He had not known what to do, or say. "I was not with him at that time." 

  "This is not the first time that happened. I think he is equally involved." Remarked Donghyun from his side. When Seokjin glanced at him, he smirked. "And of course, according to the palace rules, unprofessionalism is punishable."

  "Answer me Seokjin," Growled Taejoo, "Are you involved in this matter?"

  Seokjin gulped a lump which was rising in his throat, and could only say, "No."

  "He was not his babysitter,"  The queen said from the door, catching everyone's attention. She walked gradually with her usual unrushed  pace and stood at the center of the room under the chandelier. Her eyes averted from Seokjin to Taejoo, "It was not his duty to bind his master inside the palace walls. Why are you blaming him, may I ask?" 

  Taejoo glared at her for a moment, smirked, "That's right.  I should not be blaming him," He chewed every word before letting them out, "But you." He raised his hand pointed at her, "You are his mother but you don't know whether your son is inside or outside the palace? He got so much freedom because of your indulgence."

  Queen Subin remained unbothered, but replied firmly, "My son is a grown up man. He can go anywhere he would wish. Stop blaming others for this. He will return whenever he feels like it." 

  "What if he never returns?"

  "Then I will be happy for him." The queen said in her arctic cold tone,

  "Treasonous." Muttered Taejoo. The angry look in his red eyes was replaced by bitterness. "You mother and son both are treasonous. You have planned this against me. I don't want to see your face. Go away." 

  He looked away, turned his eyes at his golden throne, and the jeweled crown placed on the velvet seat cushion. It was his. Always made him proud. But now nothing could make him calm, not even the beauty and luxuriousness. Being deceived by his own family was the worst, even for a stone-hearted person like him. Taejoo felt the burn inside his chest.