Chapter - 13

[This chapter contains blood and violence. Read at your own risk.]

Words: 5401

Pc: kildren

Pc: kildren

  "Now how the hell are we going to climb up there?" Yoongi halted on his tracks; raised his gaze until the back of his head hit his shoulder,  and tried to calculate the approximate height of the big wall they were planning to overtake. The wall stood straight and tall, circling a huge portion of land without break.

  "This is impossible. We are humans, not lizards. And I can't even see anything clearly." Baekhyun, whining like a kitten, squeezed Yoongi's hand tightly. Tired by walking all the way to the goldmine, he and his human friends' pace got slower compared to the werewolves'. So he was holding his friend's hand for support. "Can't we think of another way?"

  Giving him an annoyed look Yoongi released his hand from his firm grip. "Stop whining like a kid. At least you are breathing, is this not the greatest thing? Do you want to go through the lighted main gate? Well that will be luxurious. Since tons of guards are waiting there with open swords to escort you like their own brother-in-law."

  "Oh stop it you two. Aren't we already worried?" Said Kai from behind. He was confused and curious like the others too. As a beta werewolf it wasn't hard for him to see in the dark but the length of the mine wall was definitely a thing to worry about. "Jungkook, please say something." He asked the alpha, who was quiet for a while.

  Hearing his name Jungkook took a deep breath. Though it was difficult breathing in the black mask which was tightly clutching his mouth and nose. Everyone was wearing the same outfit as him—black full sleeve dress with black pants. Hair and mouth covered with thick pieces of clothes and hands covered with gloves. Only their eyes were visible, making them look like ninjas. He, along with Kai and Suho had already taken the scent suppressant pills, so like other days his alpha  pheromones weren't active. But it couldn't extenuate his dominating aura that was radiating through his big black sharp eyes.

  "Yoongi give me the map." Jungkook extended his hand and took the rough yellow piece of paper from Yoongi's hand, then spread it wide, eyes enlarged staring intently at the handwritten map made by the human. "Approx eight more meters to the south, we can find that cherry blossom tree."

  Without wasting time the six people team marched to the south, where the forest outside the wall wasn't dense, much clearer than the other places.

  It was almost 2.00 in the night. Trees were seeming like giant shadows, it was dark by this point.

  "Look, that tree!" Suho shouted, unable to contain his excitement, pointing at the only big tree inside the great wall; Its long branches peeping outside, full of green leaves, looking black under the dim moonlight, beautiful even when it wasn't blossomed.

  "Kai, give me the rope. And step back." Said Jungkook before pulling out a sharp arrow from his quiver. His eyes calmly scanned the rope which Kai brought with him; it was not too thick, not too fragile, perfect  for his plan.