Chapter - 5

Words: 4514

  The party was in full swing when Jungkook arrived. The alpha's eyes raked the hallroom steadily. This was the thing he would have expected of a grand, undoubtedly wastage of money to a degree beyond reason. Decoration swamped everything; the ceiling was high, the walls intricately carved, the red and gold patterns on the floor were enchanting though, but the luxury itself mocking the royalty.

  "Welcome, welcome Jeon. I have been waiting for you." Said the king from his throne. A majestic grin was beneath the mustache. He came down from the red velvet seat and approached his guest first.

  The dancers in yellow and red costumes were performing a traditional dance act, choreographed with several props like knives, red and blue handkerchiefs and fire. They were ignored momentarily, when every eye turned to the honorable guest. But the performers didn't bulge and continued the act elegantly.

  "It's an honor to be here in this delightful evening with you, your majesty." Jungkook bowed before him, faked respect.

  "You are an impressive speaker. Your father, King Jeonbok must be very proud." Taejoo laughed as he spoke but his facial expressions remained the same, alerted.

  "I am glad to impress you, sire." Jungkook bowed again, just a little, hiding a malicious smirk.

  "Call me uncle for now. Come I shall introduce you with my family." Leading him Taejoo took him near a wide wooden table, finely detailed with jade and other stones, where most of his family members were sitting. He beckoned one of his servants to arrange an extra chair for the prince and said something inaudibly. When they settled down, the king pointed at a fully dressed and ornamented woman, sitting at the corner of the table, "My first queen Subin."

  "Pleased to meet you." Jungkook said and bowed reverently before her. She just lowered her head once and stared at him with icy emotionless eyes.

  Jungkook felt uneasy as most of the people watching him, only him. Inside his brown leather jacket, he was sweating a little. It was his first time being the center of attention and these royal people with cold hearts making it more irritable. He turned his gaze to a tall alpha when the king started speaking.

  "Meet my second brother Taemin. He is the councilor of Daegu district."

  "I've always wanted to meet you, after all the wonderful things I've heard about you." Taemin said.

  "Pleasure is mine." Jungkook replied.

  "He is my youngest brother Youngbae. His son Donghyun." Taejoo unfolded his hand to a shorter middle aged man and a young guy who was sitting beside a lady, seemed like his mother.

  "You are just as I thought. Smart and brave. It is a true privilege to meet you Jeoncena." Youngbae said.

  "I see. That's great." Jungkook pressed his lips. An internal laughter made him silent for a moment. He was stunned to see the very small knowledge they had of the prince Jeoncena and his bravery because one alpha was enough to make him see the stars..

  "Can I call you Jeon, prince?" Donghyun asked. His tone coated with a malicious curiosity.

  "Of course. I like your name too. But the shorter the better." Jungkook said flatly.

  "I've seen you outside, slapping that servant. It was a hilarious act." Donghyun twirled his liquor and sipped a huge quantity. Making a satisfied noise he said, "But in our country we don't slap them for stepping on our shoes. We kill them."

  "Ah! I see." Jungkook could really see through him. He could guess this guy has a bad tendency of picking up on people's weaknesses and teasing them while ruffling some feathers. Jungkook sat straight as the king was watching him, and said calmly, "But I think killing is just a waste of time. What will be the purpose of giving punishments where they won't be suffering? My rules are simple. Torture them to the extreme, scatter their egos and force them to question their existence. And at the end they won't hesitate to take their own lives." Cocking his head to that guy he smirked, "Simple, isn't it?"