Chapter - 17

Words: 3734
______________

  "Jungkook."

  Averting his eyes from the hanging door lock Jungkook glanced over his shoulder when Yoongi called him from behind. 

  "We don't have keys." Whispered Yoongi near his ear. Voice muffled because of the thick mask that was covering half of his face. The same attire they wore in their venture to the goldmine. 

  "That won't be a problem." Jungkook's gaze shifted to the lock again. Approximately it was 10 cm long, heavy, rectangular and solid; made of iron, well greased. He curled up his fingers around it. Placed his other hand on the door to support his balance. "Stay back." He said and being confirmed they had moved in a safe distance, he gripped the thing tightly and tugged with all of his force. 

  With a dull thud, the lock broke into two pieces;  the U shaped rod still hanging on the door knobs, while the other part was in the alpha's hand. 

  He went inside the room. Careful not to make any loud sound to alert more guards. Four night guards who were deployed outside the arm-chember, were already tied with thick ropes and their mouths were forcefully filled with cotton balls. It was impossible for them to make a noise or move, only they could stare the assassins within confusion and horror. 

  "What will we do with them?" Baekhyun whispered, pointing at the grounded guards watching them in horror. "Should we cover their eyes too?"

  "Are we playing blindfold games here?" Yoongi drawled, rolling his eyes. Beckoned his friend to follow him without a word. 

  After turning up the light, they could see everything clearly inside. The light reflected from flat surfaces of the weapons and shiny shields. There were more than thousands of swords, maces, partisan and sharp knives placed in rows over long wooden tables, which were covered in red velvet tablecloth. The metallic weapons were clean and rustless. 

  Without wasting time five of them started collecting them one by one. They used those long pieces of velvety clothes to wrap them carefully and at the end they secured them inside by tying knots in the middle. Little to no sounds were made, careful not to drop anything to break the silence of the midnight. 

  Jungkook's eyes fell on a huge wooden cabinet which was at the corner of the room. He could remember when Taejoo introduced the modern fire weapons to him while showing off his collection which he imported from Europe. The self was full of light weight short rifles, repeating rifles to heavy cavalry carbines.  He halted a moment after opening it wide, there were plenty to choose, new and tempting for warriors. The problem was these were the things he never used before. But knew their power. One bullet was enough to kill a person without going near them. So he started packing them in a separate bundle. 

  Ten more minutes passed. They had packed more items than they could carry. Five arms valises weighed more and less two hundred pounds.  Though it was nothing for Jungkook and bit easy for Kai, Yoongi, Baekhyun and Seojoon had a hard time moving them from their places. 

  "Jungkook." Baekhyun called the alpha, when he failed to walk a few steps with the bundle swords on his back. Putting his burden down on the floor near the door, he sat on it, looking exhausted. It wasn't a comfortable seat and his action was a bit dramatic. "It is going to take hours for us to take these in the kitchen."

  "And the tunnel is narrow," Seojoon added. "We can't even carry them on our shoulders even if we reach there." Hopeful eyes gazed at the alpha for a positive response. It was not an excuse, but his inability. 

  "But we have to, right?" Yoongi stretched his neck. Even though his back was aching. He let it pass. Couldn't waste time resting here, he had a long way to go.