Chapter - 12

[This chapter contains sensitive topics such as: mention of violence, killing animals, blood. Please skip the first part if you feel uncomfortable with any of these.]

Words : 5514

  Jungkook came out of the huge tent—which was temporarily made for the king and his family, and went some steps ahead in the forest. Stunningly beautiful golden rays of sunlight playing hide and seek through the ceiling of woven leaves. The rustle of lizards in dry leaves, chirping birds from the woods and the wind chimes of tree branches could be heard from afar. As he stopped walking, he breathed deeply of the fresh morning air, and sighed with satisfaction.

  He smiled when he felt the warmth of a familiar touch on his colder skin. The long tuberose like fingers were gently covering his eyes from behind. He neither looked back, nor held his hands, only said, "Taehyung!"

  "How did you know?" Taehyung pulled his hands back, giggled and stood by his side, watching the same view with a happy grin.

  "I heard your footsteps. You weren't subtle." Said Jungkook but he knew that was not the only reason. How could he ever forget his touch? And his alluring scent.

   "God, I missed this scenery so much. Isn't the view mesmerizing?" Asked the omega. He took a deep breath, the freshness filled his senses.

  "Yes. Indeed. So beautiful." Jungkook's eyes traveled from the nature to his side, and rested on the omega's face. The sun beams felt wonderfully bright on his honey-dipped skin, and his eyes were stunning, divinely hue of bluish brown. The greenery in the background was creating a beautiful construct with his ocean blue shirt, dangling gold earrings and a black choker, which was covering half of his neck. This wasn't the perfect attire for hunting, but he was looking so fine. Jungkook couldn't take his eyes off him.

  Feeling his mate's sharp gaze on him, Taehyung closed his eyes and enjoyed its soothing heat flushing over his face. Nibbled the pillow of his lower lip, didn't even try to hide his blush. Like he wanted to let him know how happy he was feeling by getting all of his attention.

  But the romantic silence between them didn't last long.

  "Prince Jeon," The king called from behind, making them turn at the same time. "We have decided to divide the team into two subunits. It would make the hunting experience better. What do you say?"

  "We can't go together. It may alert the wild creatures." Youngbae, the third brother of the king, added from his side. 

  Jungkook came near them, bowed, and said, "I totally agree with you, uncle. Too many people can be a problem. In fact I used to hunt alone. Concentration is the most important thing here."

  "Well said. I have heard you are a very good hunter! So good to have you with us today." Youngbae complimented him.

  "Hunting is my passion. There were rarely any days when I did not go hunting. Killing always stimulates me, it's fun." Jungkook smirked. He didn't know about Jeoncena, but he was doing this since his early teenage. Though hunting wasn't his passion, it was their tribe's necessity.

  Meanwhile Namjoon came out of the tent and asked the king, "I have a request to make."

  "What is it Namjoon?" Taejoo asked, facing the taller alpha.

  Namjoon came forward, followed by Donghyun and Seokjin who were inside the tent. All of them seemed so happy for this little outing. He said, "Taehyung came here after a long time. Shall we go together? Just four of us?" Circling his index he pointed at himself, Jungkook, Seokjin and Taehyung.