Chapter 7: Race Against Time

Start from the beginning

The male archer in question salutes and runs back into the thick forest to relay General Nou's orders.

General Nou now turned his head around and looked down at the 4 Lourian corpses strewn before him.

'Why do you all look so young?'.

...

Garuda Squadron, Skies above Lean Know Forest, Louria occupied Qua-Toyne

January 27, 1640

<<Garuda 1, bombs away!>>

Yelled Weapons Systems Officer Kiet as a CBU-87 Cluster Bomb was released from the F-15ES that he was in. The bombs were dropped above a Lourian encampment that also included trebuchets that were constantly launching flaming projectiles towards the Lean Know Forest.

Before hitting the ground, the cluster bomb dispersed multiple smaller bomblets that caused a wide area to go up in a brilliant explosion, sending dust, debris, body parts, and blood into the sky then back to the ground. The Lourian survivors who were lucky to not be eviscerated by one of Earth's most terrifying weapons did not understand what was happening and began running for their lives in multiple directions, like ants about to be stepped on by a giant.

The scenes of F-15ESs dropping cluster munitions upon the Lourian army camps below coincided with a paradrop operation that was occurring a fair distance away to the East of the sacred woodlands.

...

Suddenly, the sound of the F-15ES was drowned out by an emergency message from the onboard radio.

<<This is AWACS Astute Hawk to Garuda Squadron! Return to the transports! They report hostile wyverns approaching the descending paratroopers from the South.>>

Kiet's eyes widened at the mere thought of paratroopers helplessly burned to a crisp while still in mid-air.

All 24 aircraft of Garuda squadron had been ordered to fly ahead to bomb the Lourians as there were no wyverns detected by the Boeing 737 AEW&C (AWACS) aircraft callsign Astute Hawk as they flew over the drop zones for the paratroopers. Soon, Kiet's pilot immediately banked the F-15ES, pulling several Gs in the process, and headed back to the South-East to intercept the Lourian wyverns. Soon, the F-15ES was joined by the rest of Garuda squadron.

Kiet had one thing to say to his pilot.

<<Punch it!>>

Soon, the dual Pratt & Whitney F100-PW-220 turbofan engines of the F-15ES produced thrust and yellow flames, greatly increasing the speed of the F-15ESs as they race their way to the vulnerable paratroopers back to the east.

...

Moments before, Lourian Reserve Wyvern Corps, Cave in outskirts of Lean Know Forest, Louria occupied Qua-Toyne

January 27, 1640

The morning sun and clear skies often marks a new day where one would strive to accomplish something. Today, the Lourian Reserve Wyvern Corps, the only combat capable wyvern force of the Lourian army left, hopes to achieve greatness despite their green status.

The destruction of all the Lourian Royal Wyvern Knights deployed near Maihark during the USEAN raid on the day of hostilities had left many of the younger recruits demoralised. Some had even deserted after hearing stories of fast and nimble iron wyverns firing homing arrows of light towards them. The arrows of light would only need to get close before exploding, killing both the wyvern and rider. However, many of them stood by their colours, not wanting to abandon their brothers in arms whom they had trained with for a few weeks now.