THIRTY-TWO

"Hey, this is Melissa? Scott's mom? I just wanted to check in with you, see how you were. I know your body heals faster and differently to ours, but still wouldn't hurt to see how you were doing."

I was about to put the voicemail in the bin when she continued.

"And I got your phone number from Scott's phone by the way. Take care (y/n)."

I smiled at her sweet message. But I wasn't doing very well. I just killed one of my siblings yesterday, absorbing all of her powers. This part of my abilities were at their full potential now, messing with my mind. They made me see shadow figures when no one was around. Made me appreciate the night more and sleep less. 

It also made me hear voices. Strange voices warning me that someone was going to kill me soon. 

"Hey Scott, please call me back when you can," I said, pressing my phone to my ear, locking my apartment, "I'm back from the dead apparently, but I'm okay. How's Stiles I haven't heard from him and all of the rest in a while. Call me back-"

I turned and saw Agent Mccall staring right at me a smirk on his face,

"Call me back so we can meet."

I crossed my arms, "how can I help you?"

"You can help by doing down to the police station without resisting. We know you were at the hospital because of the bomb," he looked at me up and down, surprised that I was still standing, 

"But you look in pristine condition so," he grinned, "shall we?"

I grabbed him by the collar and I felt his hand flying to the gun strapped to his belt. 

"Look into my eyes, Agent Mccall, I'm going to tell you a secret."

He reluctantly looked. 

"I'm not going to follow you to the police station. In fact you're going to clear me of any charges and you're going to forget I was ever involved in this case alright?"

He nodded absently. I let him go, brushing his shirt and coat down. 

"Have nice day agent Mccall," I smiled innocently, waving. 

"There you are!" Lydia pulled me into a hug as soon as she saw me crossing the Argent threshold, "I was so worried about you!"

I laughed and assured I was feeling fine after a day of rest. 

Scott walked over and waited for Allison to step away. He looked at me and gulped. I ran into his arms and cried silently. He squeezed me tight.

"I was so worried," he said his voice shaking, "I'm so so relieved. I thought I was going to loose you-"

"Hey Scotty," I pulled away, smiling at him wiping my tears, "I'm fine see?" I lifted my shirt to show my bare, perfect and clean skin.

"They pronounced you dead (y/n)," Scott said. 

"Maybe, but Stiles's bomb isn't what's going to kill me," I sassed, "speaking of Stiles has anyone heard of him?"

They looked at each other and motioned for me to follow them.

"We better get that scroll or I'm getting that Nogitsune out myself," I threatened after they explained the plan to get a scroll that explained how to exorcise a Nogitsune. 

"If you're up for it," Allison looked at me, "we can use a bit of your help."

I thought of Stiles, his frail body, the tired and sleep deprived young boy that was once a ball of sunshine and sarcasm.

"For Stiles? Anything."

It was after sunset and Allison, Kira, Scott and I were crouched by a car's wheel trying to wait for the perfect moment to steal the evidence. 

Kira went in but had to hide and wait as a guard was coming round back. All of a sudden a big bulky man appeared out of the trunk and knocked the guard out cold, holding the silver prosthetic in his finger.

This couldn't get any worse, I thought pinching the bridge of my nose. 

"Uh guys a bit of backup here?" Scott coughed while being on the ground. Ethan and Aidan came out of the shadows and started to fight but they were easily dodged, and soon enough I'll have to step in. 

"Don't move or I'll crush your larynx," I spat out, coming out of the shadows. I noticed something strange and the others did too. As I stepping into the light, a black cloud of mist and smoke was forming around me. 

He hesitated for a moment but lunged at me,

"Wrong move buddy," I sighed. I put my hand up before he got a step closer and he dangled in the air, choking on some invisible force. He struggled and I saw the panic and terror in his blue werewolves eyes.

"(y/n) drop him," Scott whispered, getting closer to me, "let him go."

I ignored him, barely able to hear him as the voices told me to kill him were louder, more pressing and angrier.

"(Y/N)!" Scott growled, making me snap out of the trance, "put him down."

I let go of my grip and his body fell in a loud and heavy thud. He began gasping for air as he clung to his throat. 

"Who is she?" he asked, "what kind of demon did you tame?"

I knelt down, lifting his chin so he could look into my eyes. 

"Tell me what color are my eyes?"

He took a moment to look, "red."

I closed them and asked him again, "what color are they now?"

"They're," he paused, looking, trying to get the light to shine, "they're jet black."

I was about to knock him out cold when someone stopped me.

"(y/n) don't." 

"Don't stand in my way Scott, I can kill you with the snap of my finger."

"I know," he said, but his voice was soft, "but killing him won't help us bring back Stiles. We gotta keep moving."

The shadows were just getting darker and their voices louder.