TWENTY

I stopped pacing around, as it was doing me no good. Instead, I was having a pretty insightful conversation with Isaac and Lydia. They never asked how I got the location of the nemeton, guessing that it was due to my abilities. 

Suddenly, from the other room, we heard gasp and water dropping on the tiles, I rushed over and saw that all three of them were fine. I thanked every spirit that guided them safely back to me. I went to wrap a warm towel around Stiles. 

"Wait how long have we been out for?" asked Scott.

"16 hours," Deaton whispered back, "and the full moon is rising in less than four hours."

"Why did you drag yourself into this Stiles?" I sighed, helping him dry up.

"Because, it's my dad, and I know he would do the same for me."

I turned around as he changed into a dry shirt. He then took my hand and led me to where the others were standing. Aidan was there, asking for Lydia's help. He took her away back at Derek's loft. 

"Lydia," I called, and she turned around, "be careful." At these words, I watched as an invisible barrier wrapped around her. 

Turning my attention back at the others, Deaton told me that he needed to stay back and clean up the vet but ushered us to go back at our houses to get ready for tonight's events. Scott, Allison and Isaac went together to go armored up, while Stiles dragged me to his house. 

"How was the other side?" I asked him, in the car, searching his face. 

"It was... cold, but I saw Scott and Allison there, so it wasn't very lonely," he replied. I reached over and held his hand giving him little squeezes. He sunk into the seat and focused on the road.

"Have you ever been to the other side?" he wondered, still not letting go of my hand. 

"Yes. But I went there willingly and unwillingly."

He hesitated, "so you've been killed?"

"Yes."

"By who?"

"By my nephew, Klaus."

Now it was Stiles turn to squeeze my hand. His body was warm despite being in a cold bath for more than 16 hours. 

"We're here," he pointed out, as we pulled in the driveway. 

Stiles was looking around for something that belonged to his father, for Scott to sniff,

"No Stiles, I'm not sniffing your dad's boxers," I heard Scott on the other line and I sneered, "Alright fine bring the socks."

I was looking down at old picture frames. Stiles as a little kid. He looked exactly the same. Him with his dad and-

"Claudia," I whispered.

"How do you know my mother's name?" a voice from behind said.

"I don't know, I just..."

"You just knew?" he finished and I nodded.

"I'll have to get used to that," he joked and extended his hand. He pulled me closer and placed a kiss on top of my head.

"Stiles I need to tell you something-"

This was going to absolutely wreck him. If I told him, I would loose him. But I'd rather be honest than lie to him.

"You can tell me in the car, c'mon we gotta go."

We were now trying to find the tree. We both knew where it was, but Stiles didn't know how I knew. The price I paid for the information. We saw a storm in front of us. Stiles was fumbling with his phone and I yanked it away.