TWENTY-TWO

In all the time I was home preparing myself for any surprise attack from my niece and nephews, I learned from Stiles that they had found a girl who was supposedly dead from a car crash, but they had found that she turned to be a werecoyote. Malia Tate, has been in this animal for 8 years and they had no idea how to turn her back. 

"Do you have any potion that you could cook up to bring her back?" asked Scott, in the back of the history class. I glanced at him silently judging. 

"I could but good luck getting her to drink it," I answered. Scott was holding his Ipad, showing the trail she would follow so we could intercept her. The plan we agreed on was either holding her down and bringing her back to Deaton or have Scott assert dominance. However the latter option was complicated as Stiles, Scott and Allison were not in the best condition. 

"Alright share me the pinned location," Allison said, she grabbed my arm, pulling me away from the boys, "c'mon (y/n) we gotta get to class." 

The bell rung and I nodded at Stiles and Scott. 

Sitting in math class, I was bored out of my mind. Who cares about the unit circle anyways?

I decided to send a few notes to Allison to ease my boredom. 

What's going on with you and Isaac? 

I crunched the note into a ball and threw it at her discreetly. I saw her looking at me in confusion but opened the note. As she progressively read it, I saw her rolling her eyes playfully. She then picked up her pencil and scribbled a few words. She gave me back the note and I unfolded it. 

The exact same thing that is going on with you and Stiles. Discreet and innocent ;)

I scoffed and she raised her eyebrows at me knowingly. I crossed my arms and decided it was better to learn about the unit circle 

After the bell rung, we met outside with the boys, Allison and Lydia. Stiles and Scott looked like they went through hell, sweating and panting. Scott told us they had to try both techniques to get to Malia but he feared that if he tried to appear to her in his alpha form and force her to transform into a human, he was afraid he couldn't change back. He asked Allison to go back with Isaac to prepare the doses of tranquilizers in case it went wrong. In the meantime, he got the great idea of going to see the twins to teach them how to control his transformation. 

We walking towards the car, when I slowed my pace, clutching Stiles arm. 

"Stiles, what's wrong you're nervous," I searched his eyes, but he closed them slowly like he was about to fall asleep on the spot. 

"I-I kinda had a panic attack cause the history teacher asked me to read and I-I can't really read these days," he admitted, holding onto me for balance. I bit my lips nervously. I reached over and wiped the damp hair out of his face. 

"It's not getting better is it?" I whispered under my breath. 

"It's getting worse (y/n) and I'm scared of what'll happen next..." he confessed. I hugged him tightly, reassuring him that everything would be fine. But I was lying. to him and to myself. I had no idea what would happen next and I'm afraid that he's right. It'll just get worse. 

Scott opened the loft door and I got a strange feeling when I saw it empty. The Hales were here and now they're gone. I could still smell their perfumes in the damp air, but the smell of the twins were impesting. Suddenly, Scott was thrown in the air and beat down repeatedly by the twins. I put an arm protectively in front of Stiles and Lydia, out of fear that they went rogue and would attack my friends. Lydia, squeezed my arm and smiled at me, assuring me that it was safe. 

I dropped my arms and went inside the loft, watching Scott getting his ass beat. Ethan and Aidan told us that Deucalion taught them that control is the key to changing. That you had to control it or risk never changing back into your human form again, loosing your humanity overtime. 

Before things got out of hand, we got Scott out of there, letting him heal before preparing ourselves to the hunt in the woods. 

When we got there, Allison and Isaac pulled up right next to use, a gun with the dose of tranquilizer ready. As we heard gunshots, signaling us that Malia's father was after the werecoyote, Isaac ran to find him, Allison hot on his trail, and Scott not far behind. 

Lydia, Stiles and I were the only ones left standing there. 

"Should we follow them...?" 

We both started walking when Stiles got a phone call from his dad. I eavesdropped on the conversation, hearing about coyote traps that could potentially kill someone and Malia stealing a doll. 

Scott, Allison and Isaac were in those woods. With an armed man and deadly animal traps scattered all around. 

"Guys we need to tell them-"

And a deafening growl echoed in the woods. I knew. Isaac stepped on one. I began running, unaware of where I was stepping on, but I didn't care. I knew that Isaac would heal, but Allison was there and if anything happened to her, she would most likely die. 

But I heard someone whimpering behind me. I turned and saw Lydia, her foot on one of the trap, trying not to trigger it. 

"Please help..." she panted, tears rolling down her face. 

I went over and held her hand comfortingly while she encouraged Stiles to help. If I used my magic on it, Lydia wouldn't have the time to get her foot out. It had to be done manually. 

Stiles breath hitched and I could see his eyes rolling trying to read the instruction manual. 

"Stiles, you don't have to read it. You can figure it out by yourself," I encouraged, in a little voice, "you always do."

He was dripping with sweat but eventually figured it out, as we simultaneously pulled Lydia out of the trap. She hugged me tightly, thanking me over and over again, and hugging Stiles gratefully. That's when we heard the growl. The kind of growl you would hear from an alpha. 

Scott was successful. Let's hope he'll be able to turn back into his human form.