FIVE

I promised myself I would never do it again. That I would push this part of myself away, pretend it isn't here so that I could live a normal life, do what normal people do, forget that my gift is more like a curse. 

I set the cat down, and caressed its soft head. It died on the way. But I can't let a little innocent animal die a gruesome death. 

Can I? 

No I can't. I ran my hands in my hair, trying to recollect my thoughts. 

I promised myself I wouldn't use it again. One of my most dangerous gifts. One that changes everything. That tilts the balance between life and death. 

"Just this once", I said aloud. 

I hovered my hands above the corpse. I inhaled and whispered, my intention set on the cat. 

"Vitalum Vitalis," I intended that the cat would start moving, twisting itself back to life. 

I then heard a mewling, and something rubbing against my leg. I laughed a little as I patted the cat's head. It purred heavily while I checked his side. It was completely healed. No one would've believed it was the same cat from ten minutes ago. 

"A soul for a soul," I muttered, knowing that for each soul we revived a soul had to be sacrificed if we didn't want the Universe to the reaping itself. 

I looked around trying to see what I could sell to the Universe. Suddenly I heard a snarl. I turned around a spotted a fox behind a tree making its way towards me. The cat had already disappeared. I rolled my eyes and watched the rabid fox marching forward, drool running down its jaw. I groaned in disgust. I got up and told it,

"I'll make this quick for you buddy." I extended my palm forward and watched as the animal curled and winced in pain. Its cries was hear breaking but I knew there was a price to pay for that cat. 

"A soul for a soul," I muttered again, as I twisted my hand, hearing in sync the neck cracking. the fox continued whimpering for a few moments before dying. 

As I walked from the woods back to the dense area, I couldn't help but over hear from afar, a hushed conversation. 

"Isaac, can you hear me?" 

"Yes."

And then as it became too difficult to hear as it was too far away, I tried to follow the origin of the voices and it guided me back to... the vet. 

I tilted my head in curiosity and went behind the building. I agreed with myself that it would be weird for someone from the outside to see a stranger with her ear pressed against the side of the building like some kind of lunatic so I closed my eyes, channeled my inner power and opened my eyes again. My vision was definitely different but it didn't matter. I had to know why all these strange things keep happening. I spotted an open window and made my way towards it. 

I crept inside and made sure to be as silent as possible. I almost gave my presence away as I saw Stiles, Scott, Derek and another man hunched over a body dipped in an ice bath. I recognized this method... they were trying to access his memories. 

I inched forward sill making sure I was being one with the darkness. 

After moments of being questioned the boy became agitated as if triggered by something. 

"Hey Isaac, calm down, relax ok? They're just memories hey cannot hurt you," the bald man said, who had a calm and collected look on his face. He seemed to know what he was doing. 

"Tell me what you see Isaac," he gently asked. 

Isaac being shuddering muttering things about how he can't see them, about how they were hidden inside a vault or something. Suddenly he jerked forward, snapping out of his trance. He told them where they were inside Beacon Hill's first national bank. 

His breath calmed down as he recollected himself. He then locked eyes with... me. 

"Hey, I didn't know you had crow in your care."

Every head turned to where I was. My yelp came out as a croak, as I tried to find a way out. Everyone rushed to grab me but I managed to break free, finding the window I came from. I flew out and made sure they weren't following me or knew where I went. 

That was close.

--- 

The boys staggered out of the clinic and tried to spot the crow but couldn't find it. 

"That was weird..." admitted Scott. 

"On top of all our problems we have spying crows now! As if pigeons weren't enough." groaned Stiles. 

"That crow definitely was no ordinary crow," said Dr. Deaton's voice from behind them. 

Derek turned and looked at the vet, "what do you mean it was no ordinary crow?"

"First off it's not a crow it's a raven. I think Stiles is right. It was spying on us. The raven made no sound at all until Isaac spotted it. Crows and ravens always make their presence known."

"It means it knows who we are."

"And it's looking for something."

-- 

Yeah and I hope it's not what I think it is, I replied to them in my head as I watched perked over their heads.