chapter 14

Jisoo's POV

I woke up with a heavy feeling and my head is throbbing so painfully. I closed my eyes again trying to get my visual steady because my surrounding is spinning.

I don't know why I'm feeling sick or the fact that I'm sick. Maybe because of exhaustion?

After Soojoo ended up things between us and that's exactly 3 days ago I did everything to occupied myself. I work non-stop. I skipped meals and having that hard feeling inside my chest only build even more.

Soojoo is part of my life so letting her go is one of the hardest decision I made. I'm surprised when she told me that we should break up but I know that continuing our relationship will only cause heartbreak for us.

I used my hand to find my phone on my side table. Once I have it, I dialed my secretary's number and call her. After a few rings, she answer it.

"Yes Ms. Kim?"

"I'm sick Tzuyu so I can't go to work now. Cancel all my appointments for today." I weakly stated.

"Alright Ms. Kim. Would you like me to contact Dr. Jennie Kim so she can check you up?"

"No. No need. I'm gonna hang up now. Once you cancel my appointments you are free to go." I ended the call after she said yes and goodbye.

I gather all my strength and went to the kitchen to grab some water and to find a medicine.

I feel like I'm drunk because of how much my head is aching. Once I'm in the kitchen, I open the fridge and get a bottle of water and drink it.

I can't go any further to grab a medicine because I'm too weak. I headed back to my room and sleep again.

Maybe another sleep will make my feeling better.

---------------------

I slowly open my eyes as I felt a wet and cold thing place on my forehead. When I have a clear vision I don't know if I'm dreaming or hallucinating or is it real that Park Chaeyoung is here in my room.

"You're awake." She simply stated then look at the thermometer that she took out from my armpit.

"You're fever is down now. Just get some rest, stay here and I'll make you something to eat." She said then place the thermometer on my table and stood up.

She's about to go when I suddenly grab her hand that made her look at me. "Stay with me?" I mumbled.

I don't know if everything is real but all I want is her to be with me and never left me.

I saw her smile at squeeze my hand softly. "I'll be in your kitchen. Wait for me here.", She then slowly remove my hand from hers and walk out of my room.

I watched her as her features fade in the view and when she's completely gone, I stare on my ceiling and close my eyes again.

Not for long, I felt my eyes gets heavy and I fell asleep again.

------------

"Jisoo. Jisoo wake up." I woke up with the voice that calling me and I slowly open my eyes. I saw Chaeyoung staring at me while she's stroking my head with her hand.

"Sorry to wake you up but you need to eat and drink your meds." She softly whispered but enough for me to hear.

"You're here again." I mumbled than earn a chuckle from her. "I think I've been here since this morning and it's almost dinner." She happily stated.

"You're real?" I asked then look at my wall clock and saw that she's right. It almost dinner.

"I'm real. I heard to your secretary that you're sick so I came here. I know no one will take care of you so I came." I raised myself to make me sit upon realizing that everything is real.